dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

The soonerer, the betterer. :mbanana:

As long as it's had enough time to age a bit, 'cuz I sure won't have the patience to let it. :twitchsmile:

Edited by Absomphe

This MoL sure is rounding out nicely.Still think I should've gotten WW though, I prefer the more traditional flavor in this case.

Would have to agree with ya on that one. Though its tasty, violet just ain't my thing.

Was holding out to see if the blues cat was coming out soon.

Anxious to try that one myself. Will it be like a la bleue? or is that just a cool name for it?

One of the witches that was stirring spoons at the cauldron is a blues bass player. I'm guessing it will be a tasty green. S'ok the pope was present to ward off evil.

Edited by Miguel

S'ok the pope was present to encourage evil.

Fixed for more probable accuracy. ;)

Edited by Absomphe

The name Blues Cat is about a sensibility in general and a person (Eric) in particular. The absinthe has no relation to la bleue; that's just a coincidence. It's green. You can even see pictures on the Internet of hyssop macerating in the distillate, or so I've been told.

Now thats a helluva good story. Enjoyed the 15 min. it took to read it. It's good to know the backstory of how this came about. I know that BBQ joint in Sevierville, but the only "Snake Farm" i know of is

Edited by Songcatcher

Yeah, America isn't what it used to be.

That clip was a real treat.

It ain't exactly Kumbaya
I could easily auralize that on the radio once or more an hour right alongside Poke Sallet Annie back in the day. Radio ain't what it used to be, either. Thanks for that!

Indeed that was a good story. Read it awhile back, but revisited it. I wonder if the alley cat blues will accompany the blues cat verte.

x2

Now available for pre order at Catskill Cellars. Too bad I'm broke as a wagon wheel right now. Anybody wanna take up an offering for me?

Edited by Songcatcher

Thanks. I enjoyed writing it. Never really finished it, either. I think I might have to go and do that.

Fantastic telling of a wonderful journey. Thank you for sharing that.

Fantastic telling of a wonderful journey. Thank you for sharing that.

You're welcome. I tremendously enjoyed telling it.

With regard to Blues Cat, I talked to Cheryl today and she says some of the Blues Cat (I'm not clear on whether it's some or all of it, but it has to do partly with the size of the bottling vessel) will be transferred into bottles this weekend, with the help of some volunteers including Julie from Catskill. I make it about eight months of aging by counting on my fingers. After bottling, it goes without delay to the vendors, the most immediate of which is obviously Catskill Cellars, because it's right there near Delaware Phoenix. There may not be any announcement at the DP website, because it's harder to update than Facebook. Cheryl may or may not drop in here to make a post herself; she's kinda busy.

Hmm...I just got an unexpected, absinthe-sized refund from something I ordered that was out of stock. What to do? :g:

Me too Bill. :cheers:

Thanks to Artemis and and Miguel for bringing folks up to date. I'm not very good at that. Mostly it's through Facebook because it's easy, and I not longer have reasonable software for updating my website.

Anyway a group of us are getting together to bottle up about half of what's in the barrel. I guess too that will depend on how much Absomphe orders. :devil:

I think it turned out pretty good. Hope y'all like it.

ps. I don't know if an admin person could kindly remove the words "in the works" as the secondary title to this thread. I never thought it would be THE thread related to what I do. Thanks if it's possible, and if not, that's ok too.

I guess too that will depend on how much Absomphe orders. :devil:

All I can say is that (for a change) this clown won't be responsible for depriving anyone of what will undoubtedly be a uniquely wonderful tasting experience. :)

Btw, does anyone know if Catskill cellars takes AMEX?

It doesn't appear so on their website, but a clown can dream. :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

63 bottles ordered.

Tough luck, suckahs! :harhar: *

* Oh wait, it's not April 1st...damn!

Okay, two bottles ordered, then. :laugh:

Wonder if this will share any similarities to WW or MoL. Both are great so if so that isn't a bad thing. I know that those involved in its production know their stuff so really looking forwards to trying it.

I doubt it. this is a colaboration, so you will see (well, taste) Eric's efforts in it. The familiar aspects from DP will be quality, a clear bottle, and Kirk's herbs.