Mike R.

What next....what next...

OK....

Tried (and luckily liked them all):

-Vieux Carre

-Obsello

-Angelique

-"The Swiss Mystery"

Let's start thinking about what I'll try next.

I was thinking the St. George, but wanted to look before I leap.

I notice the M.O.L. and the W.W.are not currently isted on DUNY. :no:

Sound off if you have any favorites.....Thanks!

Mike R.

It's worth trying to hunt down Meadow of love if you can find anyone that still has it.I just checked another seller that listed it last night and it's gone.It appears that we are all greedily snatching up the good ones quickly.Marteau is excellent in my opinion,but alas....listed as out of stock.

Kübler may keep the cravings at bay for while until the top tier brands return.I enjoy it but it's now number 5 on the list of the six I've had so far.

Here is my very amateur,incredibly limited list and impressions.

1 Meadow of Love..I loooove that Meadow.it nudged the next one from the top position.As the 2 age in their bottles and I get more miserly with each I wonder if it will be an ongoing battle between the 2...or 3 since Walton waters is coming my way.I waited for my 4th glass of it to be sure it wasn't just newness or novelty tempting my palate to move it to #1,I just love what I'm tasting in each sip...3 to 1,4 to 1 with or without sugar.

2 Marteau...love it,lots of flavors,some that I have no clue what they are,no worries though-yum!

3 Vieux Carre...interesting,somewhat spicy to my palate.Great aroma.I like it.

4 Verte de Fougerolles..ageing nicely,it changes a little every time I have another glass

5 Kübler..good but not as engaging to my senses as 1 through 4

6 Lucid....not horrible but after having the others it is lackluster and I wont be spending 55 bucks on it when there is 55 dollar Vieux Carre

2 on the way..

Walton Waters

Vieux Pontarlier

ones on my gotta try list....

I haven't had Pacifique yet but look forward to it.

St.George

All the Jades

Clandestine

and I'm sure there will be many more happy surprise yet to come our way.

Happy hunting :cheers:

Good advice from Scott but drop #5 & 6 and move Pacifique, Clandestine and the Jades up. That's a fine list of booze that should keep you busy and happy for months. :cheers:

It's worth trying to hunt down Meadow of love if you can find anyone that still has it.

Astor does. As does Catskill Cellars. As I've mentioned before.

Astor's computer system thinks they're out of stock because someone ordered a lot, but more is coming.

I'd suggest Meadow of Love and/or Walton Waters. You'll be hard pressed to find any better absinthes

Although they are very good, don't get into a rut (a nice rut it would be) and forget about a carload of quality absinthes. There are some fine domestic absinthes around. The others mentioned are very nice to have on hand or in your bar. I've tasted some of them myself.

Yum-o!

This afternoon I ordered from DUNY

1 x Vieux Pontarlier

1 x Obsello (to put away and forget about) - I still have a bit left in the original bottle.

My goal is to get a nice collection of various bottles stocked away for aging.

Will be here Monday morning waiting for me on my desk.

It's going to be a good Monday!

This afternoon I ordered from DUNY

Something I will probably no longer be doing since all the best U.S. absinthes seem to be disappearing from that site.

Something I will probably no longer be doing since all the best U.S. absinthes seem to be disappearing from that site.

I noticed that also....

Why?