grehorst

New Guy from Milwaukee

Hi all,

I'm Guy Rehorst, founder of Great Lakes Distillery, a small craft distiller in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You may not know me but I've been lurking here for years. I've finally decided to register because a topic has developed re our two new absinthes.

I may not get the opportunity to spend much time here- (distilling which has taken up the last 6 or 7 years of my life shows no signs of letting up) but will try to get into some discussions and answer questions when possible.

Thanks to many of you who, whether you know it or not have fueled my interest in absinthe these last several years! The level of knowledge found here is astounding.

Thanks,

Guy Rehorst

Welcome and I look forward to tasting your absinthes soon.

Very nice labels, Guy. I think that yours are the first labels I have seen that state "Thujone Free." Don't you realise that it's good to be able to claim "Maximum thujone?" :devil:

Is this a new TTB requirement, or your own idea?

Welcome and I look forward to tasting your absinthes soon.

Very nice labels, Guy. I think that yours are the first labels I have seen that state "Thujone Free." Don't you realise that it's good to be able to claim "Maximum thujone?" :devil:

Is this a new TTB requirement, or your own idea?

The TTB did put this as a requirement on our formula. In the year of battles we had trying to get the labels approved I decided this was one fight not worth fighting. :) Now that I think about it I don't think I won any of those fights....

Thanks for the kind words!

Guy

Welcome!

I hope the proportion of star anise in your absinthe is minute compared to the green anise, and that there's a very judicious amount of hibiscus added onacuz I find it a bit of a black sheep amongst the other herbs.

Just sayin'. :cheers:

I had some hibiscus absinthe last night! I'm looking forward to giving these a whirl as well.

It's good to see you here, Guy!

When you're ready for visitors, let me know. I'm ready to take a trip to Millwaukee!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Leroy M.- Ready for visitors now! We're open to Society members anytime!

Seeker- we're bottling the 2009 batch of Pumpkin today! I can only say it's even better than last years.

Scotteh- Stop in we're an hour away! Star Liquor in Madison most likely will already have the absinthe in stock...

All- hope to get the absinthe into Binny's and DUNY soon!!

Thanks again!!

Guy

Hi Guy, welcome to our side of the web! :cheers:

I'm glad you've found WS useful in your journey toward production; helping would-be absinthe distillers is a large part of why we do this thing.

... "Thujone Free."... "Maximum thujone... "

Same thing. ;)

Sounds good, Guy! I'll see if I can make some time to head that way before the snow starts flying.