Brian Robinson

Where do you now buy absinthe?

Have your buying habits changed since 2007?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I noticed this a while back and haven't seen any mention. I know that eAbsinthe doesn't have as high a regard on the forum as DUNY or LdF, but they've got a 25% discount for all orders outside of the EU, and with the same shipping rates as LdF, some of their limited selection actually comes out to a pretty nice price.

Absinthes of interest that apply to the offer are the Clandestines Capricieuse and Marianne, Helfrich Verte, BdF 60%, and Un Emile Sapin.

I put in a mock order for both Clandestines and the Helfrich, and with shipping, it's only in the ballpark of 150 bones.

Like I said, I'm just saying since I hadn't seen any mention of this, and I've also never dealt with eAbsinthe before, so I can't vouch for them, but this sounds like a deal, especially for people in the states that have only had domestically available products and want to try something new.

PLUS, as an added incentive, they're offering free mini's of toilet bowl cleaner with every order. :puke:

A 25% discount is pretty substantial! Perhaps I'll finally get a bottle of the Helfrich Verte now.

PLUS, as an added incentive, they're offering free mini's of toilet bowl cleaner with every order. :puke:

Worth £3.50! False advertising?

I wonder why so much blue "absinthe" is being handed out for free. Guess they got to get rid of it some how...

You're not going to forgive me for my clumsiness, are you?

The pic made it look like you stumbled before you handed me the blue stuff. I appreciate your clumsiness. I feel bad about the patch of earth that the blue stuff landed on. Lucky for us there is bio-remediation or something like that and it wasn't near the garden. A lot of blessings for your clumsiness.

I buy my shoes a size too large so I can have my own excuse. Now you all know what it is.

Dammit!!! *smile*

I would say that electric blue chemicals and grass don't mix, but I keep seeing commercials for that Patch Perfect grass seed stuff. The blue giveth, and the blue taketh away.

For me, the shipping charges do make it difficult. So I may have to rely on being my own courier.

When I was in England in March, I picked up 3 bottles of Jade (Edourd, NO, and 1901), and my brother got me a bottle of Opaline when he was in France in June.

That said, Fixedspiral's mention of Un Emile Sapin at 25% off is tempting. It seems that 1 bottle or 3 the shipping is 20 euros. Will have to think about it (and compare to LdF).

-- T

So, what are your thoughts?

I'm happy with DrinkUp NY. However, if I'm not here for a delivery then I have to drive to BFE with an ID. Some couriers just leave it on my door step. I acknowledge that's more risky, and stupid teenagers can grab my stuff. However, I'm like most Windows users: I don't care about security, I care about my convenience. :)

Indeed, though close to this mountain town, the only halfway decent stuff I can find is Kübler. I'd rather buy locally but alas, DUNY is too convenient and carries a diverse selection, minus the shipping charge, and there's really no reason not to buy from them. I'm working on every liquor store around to start carrying more and better stuff. A 70+ mile round trip is a little much for a booze run on the daily. Weekly though...

Yeah, you should definitely have a stockpile. In states where you have to go to liquor stores just to get a bottle of wine, this is especially true. And even more especially in your case, where you have to drive a bit to get your booze.

Out of curiosity, are there any folks here who only keep one bottle of absinthe at a time, and then run to get another when it's finished?

It's 5am and I'm waiting for the ice to finish freezing so I can fill the fountain and get after it. All this talk has made me thirsty.

are there any folks here who only keep one bottle of absinthe at a time

I'm not quite that bad. I usually have at least two bottles that have been opened and try to get some before I get to the last one. But that's just me. *smile*