Ken Desloges

Who wants Jade Verte Suisse to be US legal

Baby powder.

I'd love to see all Jades available at my local happy juice-booth, but I'd rather have Eddy or PF 1901 first, seeing as they still haven't gotten NO in. :thumbdown:

Some artificial shit in Montana.

We shall see, we shall see.

VS is actually my least favorite Jade. I'd be happy to see PF1901 or Edouard here, though.

Agreed. But I'd still like to have the option of buying any of them locally. Especially the Edouard.

VS is my second favorite Jade--right behind PF 1901 (Eddy is 3, NO is 4). I'd love to have it available at the state stores here in PA (along with Pacifique, WW, MoL, Leopold Bros., the other Jades....); heck, I'd love to just have it available Stateside.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around a while back that Ted was planning to release one of the Jades in the US every year, starting with NO? That would mean we're due another late this year, beginning of next--assuming the production problems he's having haven't altered his plans.

VS is actually my least favorite Jade. I'd be happy to see PF1901 or Edouard here, though.

What El Jeffe said.

Although I still think they're a tad overpriced.

I challenge anyone to find a thread about the Jade line where the word “overpriced” isn’t used at some point during the discussion. It’s like the great debate of the absinthe forums. A golden oldie that never actually gets “old”.

Though I agree

Haven't tried VS yet, but I was more impressed with Edouard than NO - by miles.

My favorite is PF 1901 as well but having all of the Jade's would be great. I'm lucky that I can actually walk down the block in Chicago and pick up some Nouvelle-O but I'm not too crazy about it (at that price.) :laugh:

I would love to have any decent absinthes available locally. While so far I have had great on-line service, paying for shipping and waiting is something I could do without.

Bad new for jade as I hear from Heure Verte : This is Luc Santiago ( vert d'absinthe owner) words:

#1Je viens d'avoir Combier au téléphone : l'Edouard est arrêté, comme la Verte Suisse et la PF 1901.

Si ce n'est pas forcément définitif (quoique lorsqu'ils en parlent...), c'est probablement pour un bon bout de temps.

#2 On m'a dit "qu'il n'y en aurait plus" (suite aux multiples problèmes évoqués précédemment) et que la distillerie "n'en avait pas en cuve"

so in english ( roughly traduced) :

#1 I've just have a phone call from Combier : the production of Edouard,Verte Suisse and PF 1901 have been stopped . If this is not necessarly definitive ( but when they talk about it...), It should be for a long time .

#2 They told me that " it will never be produced again" ( because of the french laws) and that the distillery don't have any remaining in the ageing vat

Quite a departure from what was said only a couple of months ago. However, I think Ted might have some additional plans. Possibly moving production.

That's totally a guess, but based on his assertion that he won't stop production, that's the only conclusion I could come to.

I'm sure the man has his hands full. I like the PF 1901 and will certainly drink any of the Jade offerings.

This isn't ass kissin', it's a fact. When it's ready, I'll be in line.

Until then, Cheers!

I heard that Ted was building a giant space station out of old alembics and plans to distill in orbit (working out low G protocols is what's been taking so long), thereby circumventing regulatory problems. Shipping times should be much reduced, but plan to designate a nearby vacant field or other unoccupied territory capable of sustaining trans-atmospheric delivery impact.

But yeah, haven't tried NO, but VS is my fav, followed by Ed and then PF. Would love to see them all in the states. There were almost no comparable absinthes available anywhere less than a year ago, and that made the price worth it for me personally. However, given that there are currently several absinthes available that are just as good, I'd want to see the Jades closer to that particular price point to make them as attractive to me (and my wallet).

Thats pretty close to what I heard only he was going to use Martian water and run Eddy through moon rock filters since that's what they did originally

I heard that "Ted's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already." :yahoo: