AiO

Sipping Absinthe :) Watchin' Movies

Started to watch "Vikings" last night. The episode I caught was Raid. The guy playing Ragnar resembles my son so much, in looks and mannerism, that it was kinda wonky to watch.

I'm not sure what I think of the show yet, (need to backtrack and start at the beginning) but I was loving the glass of verte I was drinking. :thumbup:

And I absolutely must aquire the opening song by Fever Ray. :heart:

If you watch from the beginning I think you will enjoy it. It has been renewed for a second season too. I think there are 4 more episodes starting with tonights.

I like that this one IS educational, but dramatized with good acting rather than filmed documentary style with cheeze re-enactments.

You do have to know about Vikings a little when you come to the table though.

I've got so much Norse heritage running through my blood, I gravitate towards all things Viking related... even The Ring of the Nibelung. :twitchsmile:

If I can handle that (even did it without several glasses of verte), I can do Vikings, and probably do a right proper job of enjoying it too. :dev-cheers:

Hmmm, all of a sudden, I'm thirsty.

I can do Vikings, and probably do a right proper job of enjoying it too. :dev-cheers:

Hmmm, all of a sudden, I'm thirsty.

Nice segue, my exceptionally evil twin. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

The Norman Reedus talk on another thread threw me into wanting a fix. So, Boondock Saints and a glass of verte.

I don't know the man, but I have a feeling I wouldn't mind knowing him. :devil:

Two great tastes that taste great together, twin! :thumbup:

A wee dram of Parabola now, accompanied by a nostalgic viewing of Storm of the Century.

Edited by Absomphe

Those into mystical swordplay from China will enjoy King Hu's A touch of Zen..simply sublime cinema. This was part inspiration for the classic Crouching Tiger movie.. I also enjoy some of the classic b/w films by FW Murnau and Langs scifi Metropolis. Im trying to find more gothic type films.. speaking of Gothic that film by Ken Russell is a must as well! Then theres Aguirre 'wrath of God' by Werner Herzog .. too many to mention

A Matter of Life and Death.

A great, great movie. Powell and Pressburger rule.