AiO

Sipping Absinthe :) Watchin' Movies

Mansinthe and a Horror Marathon

"New French Extremity" Films: Martyrs, Frontier(s), Inside, High Tension.

Followed by: Pontypool, The Frightners

Then some other random selections from my collection.

Happy Halloween! :dev-cheers: :cool-reaper:

Edited by Cajun Magic

Except for Jonathan Rhys Meyers' "American" accent delivery which makes him sound a lot more like Maxwell the pig than a bad ass.

Watched On The Road.. the 2012 movie based on Keruoac, I got lost in the first third fell asleep the second, then awoke to the final part of the story where Steve Buscemi comes on the movie... literally ...

Dead Man

Again.

I gotta, every now and again.

And enjoying a couple glasses of fine absinthe with my brother, who I don't get to see very often, while we prepare for my Grandad, 94 (my hero and a giant in my eyes) to leave this world. Death has always been a part of my life since a young age. From ones I've caused, to ones I've witnessed. Through, and because of my experiences, I've danced an odd dance with death. A strange attach/detachment from it that I can't explain even to myself. But this one is really getting to me. I'm not asking for pity or nothing. Just sharing with you good folks. Just kinda "letting it out" so to speak. Cheers, all.

Songcatcher..Ive got the entire soundtrack on disc by Neil Young. Sublime melancholic free strumming dissertation to engross oneself into.. If you're feeling that inclined track it down.

Thanks gee, but I've already been scolded for not being quite so inclined. If it just weren't so loud throughout the whole film. And don't get me wrong, I dig Neil, but "sublime melancholy" is just not my thing.

Except for the endlessly tiring guitar riff at the beginning, middle and end of every scene it's a great movie.

Great, great film. And don't you be slaggin' Neil Young's brilliant one-man score, stupid fucking white man! :headbang:

Still one of my favorite movies though.

Last night, Kon-Tiki

Imo, much better than the first part. Saw it in IMAX 3D 48fps so that also made for an awesome experience with a friend.

Watched Blade Runner.final cut the other night after a blurr of blanches...visually amazing plus great soundtrack too...

Sharknado. I found the ending oddly satisfying. Loved the chainsaw but the blood makeup was the best of all. Paired well with blanche.