Sign in to follow this  
tayker

Deviolle La Charlotte

As I said in my review of a recent bottle that was shipped by DUNY in error, and I was told to keep, I did not find it overly bitter at all. It had a different flavor than I've experienced, and was not inspiring, but there are far worse out there. It IS drinkable and not all that bad. I have a recent bottle, and perhaps things have changed since the older reviews. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this, but it was acceptable as absinthe, and most likely simply a variation in style from the typical. It could well be a genuine recipe from back in the day, just different! Read my review if you'd like. I suspect that mine is a better batch from what some of you have sampled.

Not to mention, it comes with a free spoon! Not a big deal for most but considering that I only have one other spoon ((the one that comes with La Fee (which is nice enough, but it does say "La Fee" on it)), I appreciated it.

spoonq1.jpg

spoon2.jpg

EDIT: And with that, I am no longer labeled a "Neophyte." That makes me happier than it really should...

Edited by Awful

I didn't really want to say anything before (being new and all), but I don't find the La Charlotte to be nearly as objectionable as the reviews on the main site would suggest.

Which is why I suggest everyone posts reviews. We want everyone's opinions to be heard.