Raymond

Blessing in disguise

Due to the unfortunate loss of my wife's job, we are having to move. My min wage crap can't keep us here, so we are leaving the great state of Mississippi and heading for Missouri to live in my mother's attic and look for work there. We will be in St. Joseph, quite near KCMO, and hopefully in a much better job market so that I can take advantage of the loose liquor laws up that way...and move out of my mother's attic. (In that order)

Good luck in your quest Raymond. Been there and done it. Keep a positive attitude and good things should come your way.

Here's hoping you get on your feet soon, Cheers!

St. Joe is not a bad town. Granted, it was over 30 years since I was last there.

Good luck with everything. You're leaving Mississippi and that's a step in the right direction. ;)

:cheers:

My mother and brother have been very happy with St. Joe ever since they moved there, so I have high hopes that I will like it better and will be able to find better work easier. Leaving MS is defintely a plus, and I hope it is a permanent thing.

I know it seems bad now, but you were spot on when you called it a potential blessing in disguise. You should feel fortunate that you do have your mother to fall back on. Don't be too hard on yourself. My mother's a cocaine addict. She's a sweet lady, but even if I wanted or thought that I had to, I couldn't be forced to because of my son. I was subjected to that shit and he never will be. ...Unless I become an alcoholic... :twitchsmile: Take the hit to your pride and ditch the ego. This will be good for all of you. Besides as was implied, more funds for absinthe!

edited for incomplete thoughts

Thank you all for your kind replies. I have been MIA for a little bit and shall continue to be until I get settled in up there. I shall return to tell you all about the market in St. Joe when I can, though.

When it rains it pours. Here in our last week of packing, I woke up Tuesday morning in excruciating pain, ran to the bathroom and chucked everything I ever ate. My back felt like I'd been digging ditches for three days straight and my jewels had a brick resting on them (sorry about the graphic images). My wife took me into the ER and I had two kidney stones on the left side. They shot me up with Toridol (?), then Phenigren, and then Demoral, after which I kind of lost track of what they were doing to me, which was fine since I no longer cared. I am still suffering from the pain, though a bit under control, and am not entirely certain that I passed them yet. The bad thing is that I'm supposed to pick up the moving van this morning and start the loading process.

I used to think I knew the definition of sick. This is also the new definition for the phrase "seriously bad timing".

I finally find the other Mississippi guy only to find you are moving. Sorry to hear that. There are many, many better places to live than Mississippi. It's just as hot and humid there in the summer, especially St. Louis. But they have the Cardinals, and that's way better than the Mississippi Braves. Good luck to you.

But they have the Cardinals, and that's way better than the Mississippi Braves. Good luck to you.

What he said, and best of luck with those stones. Yowie.

Despite the efforts of weather, biology, medicine, in-laws, angry land lords, and the law, I have managed to complete the trip and we are all now alive and living in St. Joe. I have not seen much of absinthe on the shelves yet, only the usual Lucid and a $70 bottle of Grande Absente. I think I shall still turn to DUNY when I secure a job in the area. I have also added unusual ammounts of water to my drinking day since those stones. They say that once you have them, it is easier to get them again, and that is about the scariest thing I have ever heard.

I am assuming that in this state I will not have to worry about the shipping question so much. They seem to be much more liberal than MS about such things.