Brian Robinson

Absinthe effects article

A legal definition is irrelevant. These products don't enter the USA legally.

True...for the moment, at least. Still, I think the legal definition is important because it would then slam the door on faux absinthe once and for all. That is to say, it would be relegated to illicit trade channels. In the long term, this would kill it off because:

1. It tastes terrible;

2. It doesn't get you high.

I think you and Rabinowitz should agree to meet somewhere and fight

I'd probably end it quickly by dousing him with KOS and lighting him up. :devil:

Interesting. What happened to this post?

Comment by John Kent

2009-09-03 21:49:16

I’ve ordered every absinthe mentioned in that article from AbsintheSupply.net and drank them in large quantities, just to see what the fuss was all about. No high, no hallucinating, just got really drunk. It’s all bull. I’m going to ask for my money back.

I wonder, isn't there a little known absinthe effect, only applicable to those who like absinthe, that after the first bottle, you

• are very confused about which absinthes to buy next, because you want to buy them all, but can't afford it

• start looking to buy multiple bottles in one order to save on shipping

• end up spending lots of money on absinthe, because once you've gone through the lot, you now have favorites that you can't live without

Maybe no one here ever experienced this. But maybe it could be more common than is realized?

:cheers:

However, the AbsintheSupply.net people have contacted me and have asked me to remove certain comments, I don't like doing that, but they paid for this posting space.

• are very confused about which absinthes to buy next, because you want to buy them all, but can't afford it

• start looking to buy multiple bottles in one order to save on shipping

• end up spending lots of money on absinthe, because once you've gone through the lot, you now have favorites that you can't live without

Maybe no one here ever experienced this. But maybe it could be more common than is realized?

:cheers:

I've heard of this happening. It's sad; some good people have succumbed to it! :secret2:

I trip out off beer

Tripping into it may be more effective.

Good grief... the comments there! I could only skim without going insane.

Loved this from Brian though, "Hey, you can draw pictures with your keyboard! Cool! Can you spell booger on your calculator too?"

:laf:

However, the AbsintheSupply.net people have contacted me and have asked me to remove certain comments, I don't like doing that, but they paid for this posting space.

Sorry. Forgot the rhetorical emoticon. ;)

It's funny which posts they choose to delete and which posts they choose to stay

What would be the legal ramifications of creating a wall of shame on the WS site with producers and persons along with their offenses or infractions? I mean, strictly in the consumer advocacy sense.

Rabinowitz used the "all the WS board are CO producers and out to damage the credibility of the other brands for their own good" Not his quote but merely the way I took it.

We discuss other brands, all other brands, and do it in a pretty respectful way overall. JMO

The Folks that have gone CO have refrained from tooting their own horns but nobody seems to notice that part of the story.

I've admired Gwydion, Marc, DP, Todd, Obsello and Joe for not jumping out and saying my brand's the best and the rest of you are drain cleaner. I believe that says volumes about the character of each of you.

As far as Rabinowitz, bless his heart, I wished he hadn't stooped so low as to bad mouth the CO members here. I know I've missed a few but I don't visit with the others very much.

A wall of shame may be viewed as the WS picking on them. Constructive criticism may be the better path. Positive reinforcement will go a long way.

Sorry about the rant, I'm sober. Cheers!

The problem with the wall of shame is proving that the comments come from the producers, which many of them do not. Many of these attacking comments come from disgruntled ex-WS members with a grudge, and a couple of people you might be surprised about. Some are obvious because of the rhetorical devices they use in both their blog trolling and their posts on FV and their own blogs.

Well, not necessarily comments made by producers, but rather official marketing. Comments are more specific to individuals. But I can see what you mean. It's a crying shame that they're all a bunch of pussies, and don't put their name and reputation out there on every post like Brian does. They embrace the internet anonymity and generally look like cunts.

Edit: Sweet! You turned off the language filters?! Four letter free for all!

Edit: Also, Bill, I agree that the members who have gone commercial have definitely taken the higher road. It's a shame though, because their voices and expertise are (and will be) sorely missed.

Yes, many of the filters have been disabled. The most egregious offenders are long gone. But let's not go hog-fucking-wild. ;)

I have no problem with having an area on the site to critique advertising practices, so long as it remains objective, factual and non-libelous.

That's not an article, it's a hit-generator for a "monetized" "blog".

Between the combatants in this mud-wrestling grudge match, and those of us tuning in to watch, we've made Natalie a millionaire. She'll be running nothing but commercially-placed absinthe blurbs now, in the hopes of another windfall like this. We all need to start clicking on various links when we go back to her site, and buying the advertised products.

Ha nice flame war there! Brian is indeed quite good and I'm sure anyone who would stumble onto the comments would start questioning himself by seeing how Brian and his facts can be traced and proven to exist, while the others are anonymous and use rumors.

I also find funny what he said about how the WS would be some kind of lobby for absinthe-labels as if they were big, rich producers. From what I see, I don't think trad absinthe companies make a lot of money when compared to the margin of profits these fakesinth brands certainly have! Another funny thing is how they always try to say that Belle Époque absinthe was not the only kind of absinthe, basing themselves on mysterious stories (bohemian Czechsinthe) or the pre-commercial drinks using wormwood since what made absinthe known as it is today with all it's truths and myths, is the one that was drank all over France and in Switzerland, Spain, anis-flavored for which the higher standards where Pernod fils and bleue, which are exactly the recipe and flavor that serve as a base for the traditionnal absinthes...

Anyway, cheers Brian :dev-cheers:

Edited by Le Diable Bleu

It's a crying shame that they're all a bunch of pussies... ...and generally look like cunts.

I disagree. Dicks are far less attractive.

(Just giving you a hard time, and don't think I don't recognize the double entendre!) :devil:

I don’t think there is anything that hasn’t been said yet that I could/would add here. But, I mean hey- it was good entertainment to read and it didn’t cost me a thing (and doesn’t sting when I pee). What more can I ask for?

Sweet! You turned off the language filters?! Four letter free for all!

Shit, piss, fuck, :censor1:, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits!

Ahem. Please pardon my potentially offensive language. I just thought that I'd point out that profanity should not exist. They're just words.

What I hate though about this kind of debate on absinthe is that in French, it's so much more tough and confusing to argue about terms because saying "It's not absinthe, it's wormwood vodka!" transalte to "C'est pas de l'absinthe, c'est de la vodka à l'absinthe!" since wormwood translate to "absinthe"...

I've admired Gwydion, Marc, DP, Todd, Obsello and Joe for not jumping out and saying my brand's the best and the rest of you are drain cleaner. I believe that says volumes about the character of each of you.

I never talk about which brands I do and do not use for household cleaning. It just seems rude. ;)

Just kidding. I give the bad gifts to the homeless. It just seems like the right thing to do.

What I hate though about this kind of debate on absinthe is that in French, it's so much more tough and confusing to argue about terms because saying "It's not absinthe, it's wormwood vodka!" transalte to "C'est pas de l'absinthe, c'est de la vodka à l'absinthe!" since wormwood translate to "absinthe"...

Le terme français pour l'Artemisia Absinthium est L'Armoise. En fait le terme armoise peut faire référence a toute le genre Artemisia mais je l'utilise pour faire la distinction lorsque je parle d'absinthe en français.

Le terme français pour l'Artemisia Absinthium est L'Armoise. En fait le terme armoise peut faire référence a toute le genre Artemisia mais je l'utilise pour faire la distinction lorsque je parle d'absinthe en français.

Je vois que t'as raison, donc je me demande pourquoi on n'entends pas ce mot utilisé souvent pour faire cette distinction, dans les vieux traités, par example.