Brian Robinson

Absinthe effects article

Where's my facepalm smiley?!?!

EDIT: oh, here it is facepalm.jpg

I hate everything about this article except for the ladies in it (facepalm)

This is fun! :laugh:

Brian is taking alot of heat right now..... but at the same time he is seriously taking the piss out of Rainbowitz!!!

annnnd whats this? Wayek makes an appearance

My particular favorite is the "my hearsay is truth, but if you contradict me, I won't believe you unless you show me your sources" guy.

My, that certainly went on and on and on, etc. I must say I'm found myself amazed at what some people think of their own supposedly profound knowledge. Damn Brian, you're the King of Cool. I don't think I could calmly rebut their ignorance with such eloquence.

I got exactly what I wanted. An email from the author (reprinted with permission):

Hey Brian,

I didn't write that Absinthe Post, it was a paid post from AbsintheSupply.net. They paid me $100 and 20% of the proceeds from any sales to publish this article.

I actually don't know much about Absinthe, I have tried it a few times in Europe and a brand or two at local U.S. bars, but that's is it. I have an entertainment blog where anyone can pay to have posts made. A few companies have contacted me and had me publish postings. I get around 40,000 visitors a month even though I do not update the site often.

Anyone can pay and have posts placed on this site or get ads. I believe in free speech. However, the AbsintheSupply.net people have contacted me and have asked me to remove certain comments, I don't like doing that, but they paid for this posting space. So I might have to trim or do some edits. I don't like that guy making comments about you and your wife, so if you want I can remove those too, but they are just ridiculous.

You seem like a cool guy. I just want to say that I didn't produce this content, it was produced by AbsintheSupply.net and I am not trying to start a battle between people who frequent my site and yours.

Thanks,

Natalie

I smell my next Real Absinthe Blog article. :)

I remember when I first discovered absinthe almost a year ago. Bought a bottle of Czech Absinth Strong and wished I could afford some KOSG. Thanks goodness I kept surfing the web, discovered WS and FV and got straightened out.

this article is one big facepalm

If it wasn't for WS I would still be buying Pernod and thinking Im the coolest kid on the block!

Brian, that's some tai-chi-style shit you're doing over there. Nice work!

AbsintheSupply.net. Say it ain't so!! :shock:

I never saw that coming.

Yeah, scary.

If even they can be compromised...

They've really gone downhill.

... :twitchsmile: Thank you Brian, and kudos man, you are like a zen master. Wow, you'd think Rainbowitz would get a clue, oh wait he's on absinthesupply.net's payroll! I must admit they're getting better at bullshitting and still good at avoiding the question while changing the focus.

The La Fee spoon in the pictures is cool looking though :devil:

What? They have a cool logo, what can I say?

Dude...I just saw a purple elephant come through here. It was really friendly...and fuzzy. Actually, that was my philo--------------

I like pork chops.

Truly a yeoman's work, Brian...I don't know how you do it!

It's remarkable how vile some people can be when there is money at stake. I think that ultimately the best way to deal with them would be to get a legal definition in force that would exclude their faux absinthe products from the U.S. market. Some day, I hope....

A legal definition is irrelevant. These products don't enter the USA legally.

The only way such products could be excluded is if the US managed to police ALL absinthe/absinth shipments entering by couriers etc. The authorities would then exclude any real absinthe shipped in that way, since they probably don't differentiate between KOS and PF 1901.