Wayek

ALL MY ABSINTHE GOT STOLEN!

Friggen' dipsticks. Last week there were three robberies and one car-break in on our block alone within two days. Before that, they hit the folks up the road. It was the same group of jack-ass tiny pricked motherfuckers...aka teenagers. I was on edge that whole time. I hate robbers and thieves, and as Bill said, that's a strong word, but the damage they leave lingers in more than a material way, so I think it's fitting. Hang in there, maybe the dumasses will fuck up again and get caught. :thumbdown:

I hope they get caught as well. Punishment should be community service. A whole bunch of community service. I can think of several ways to use people that have too much time on their hands. The neighborhoods they violate should be the area the punishment takes place.

JMO

My condolences. I agree that it sounds like teens; vandalism for it's own sake is not something that professionals waste time with.

My friends recently experienced something like that when both their Vespas were stolen for a joyride. Cops found the scooters but the kids had done close to $1000 damage to them, all together.

I have to remember to be thankful for the impolite, impersonal, uninteresting neighborhood I live in.

So sorry to hear about your break-in. I have never understood what makes some people think they have the right to anothers' property. I just ain't wired that way (and I am damn glad of it)

Best of luck to you.

Thank you all for the kind words! I hate teenagers too...bunch of goddamn punks with their baggy clothes and stupid music

I don't know how I managed to open an explorer page but anyways I should let you guys know that I now have a MAJOR virus and I am trying to get it straightened out....

it seems that I mucked around with the system restore settings and somehow deactivated my antivirus software and now I cant get undone what I already did....

anyways, I should be back in full swing in the next few days or whenever I can pay off repairs for the computer now! (itneverends) if anyone here wants to send me something, (and it doesnt have to be a sample of absinthe..at this point a get well soon card would be appropriate) PM me when I am at work or online here and I'll shoot you the addy.... I am a little bit weary of posting my address right here on the main page because...well...you know....

anyways I am running LATE for work right now and I must be off ...

Cheers and thank you wormwood society!!

Buy a gun. Better yet buy two, carry one with you at all times and keep one locked up at home.  
Guns can be fun and make one feel cool, but do not automatically confer protection. A better bet might be a big scary dog; they take awhile to get up and running but they aren't something that can be taken and turned against you(and eventually sold by some thieving asshole). And the good ones aren't scared of anything, unlike nervous humans. A couple of irate Dobermans or a burly-ass American Bulldog will put the fear of God into a diehard atheist.

And doggie kisses belly pets are very theraputic as well... :thumbup:

I know a guy who heard someone rummaging through his garage, so he grabbed his "throwaway" gun and started shooting randomly saying "Hold still I can't see you!" The intruder hauled ass out of there.

I thought about buying a gun and loading it with blanks, but eh. Big dogs need homes too.

A couple of irate Dobermans or a burly-ass American Bulldog will put the fear of God into a diehard atheist.

:hysterical2: May I use that in my signature?

A better bet might be a big scary dog; they take awhile to get up and running but they aren't something that can be taken and turned against you(and eventually sold by some thieving asshole).

I have to respectfully disagree with what you say, though I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Dogs can and have both been taken away and sold. There have been cases where dogs have turned on their people of their own assent.

Dogs are a great idea for protection. Not only will they bring joy to your family, they will become part of it. I don't think that most people would want to shoot another person or an/their animal, but I feel that a gun is a reasonable option, and just having one may provide for you, a sense of security and protection from thieves threatening to take your family, freedom, life, or in this case, possessions away. I'm not suggesting that you do something to compromise your principles or that you feel uncomfortable with, I'm merely telling you what I would do if my house was broken into and robbed. Dogs are good though. Man's best friend and all.

In Wayek's case, since he wasn't at home, a gun wouldn't have been much of a deterrent.

Personally, I'd go with a security system; my dogs are pets, not security and while I've owned 2 handguns at one time, I'm not much keen on shooting people. ;>

Well there's a security systems company that will give you a gun & a dog if you buy one of their products. If you don't, an alarm goes off every hour & they shoot one of the dogs. :devil:

Really though, Doberman is a decent do it yourself security product company.

any ways im off work now again so I'll be going home....the computer there isnt working and a friend has it and is trying to fix it right now as we speak...hopefully by tomorrow I will have my own computer again but until then I am posting here from work

but shhhh, don't tell anybody

This is the most depressing thread I've read since Eric's horrifying accident. I can't stress enough how bad I feel for you, my friend. After hearing about what's happened, I would feel guilty to complain about any recent problems of my own, as they pale by comparison.

:laf:

(P.S. Wayek, let me know if this is lame and I'll cut the crap, cos it's your thread and has to do with some heavy stuff. :cheers:)

Karma is king! I spoke with a friend last evening that had been vicitimized. He was wanting to go get 'em but didn't know who it was. The wheel will come back around. Don't dirty your hands and let time fix it.

You'll have an alibi then.

You may not get the personal satisfaction of putting finger prints on their throat but you can sport a knowing smile. Take care of you and yours and the material goods can be replaced where, as a person, you can't.

However, catch them in the act and the rules change.

Peace

Guns are good for hunting and target shooting, and as last resort self-defense. Dogs can be an effective deterrent to break-ins; If you're so inclined to break into someone's home, you want it to be as quick, quiet, and easy as possible. A dog throws a monkey-wrench into that scenario.

Hey, at least we got you to laugh, right?

"does anybody remember laughter?..."

yeah definately, it's the key to life....what else can you do at a time like this

getting mad wont do you any good

... A couple of irate Dobermans ...
Any time I think about Dobermans for security I think about Magnum PI. Zeus and Apollo! :laugh:

Dammit, now that theme tune is in my head...

If you're so inclined to break into someone's home, you want it to be as quick, quiet, and easy as possible. A dog throws a monkey-wrench into that scenario.

especially if they have a bite that can snap your forearm!

... A couple of irate Dobermans ...
Any time I think about Dobermans for security I think about Magnum PI. Zeus and Apollo! :laugh:

Dammit, now that theme tune is in my head...

I have interstellar overdrive stuck in my head \m/