Raymond

Two vodka questions

:secret2: I'll admit I've had Agwa... It's an herbal liquor touting Bolivian Coca + guarana, etc. Tried it when I first got interested in absinthe but couldn't yet buy it readily in the US. Then my eyes were opened...and I haven't looked back since. ;)

I just have to pipe in here about Crystal Head Vodka. I actually really like it for sipping straight over ice, squeeze of lime. I think it is a very good tasting vodka.

I think the bottle is pretty, too. (Of course I also have Crystal Head Vodka candle holders I stole from a CHV party - those are really purty.)

And I am totally on board with the Anti-tini crew - with the exception of the Mollytini, which was invented for Molly, and named "tini" in jest. It's an ironic cocktail.

I like vodka, usually in mixed drinks, and I have been seeing some products online that I am not familiar with, so I thought I would ask here.

1. Cannabis vodka - a vodka with cannabis seeds in the bottom of the bottle. Does it really make any difference and is it even legal to sell in the US? Has anyone tried it and is it worth getting?

2. Crystal Head Vodka - a brand I had not previously heard of, but I want to get one just for the bottle, if nothing else. It actually looks like a crystal skull. I just wonder if the actual vodka is any good or just lighter fluid.

Hey Raymond, as far as 1--no clue. But the Crystal Skull is as thought-lighter fluid. Great bottle tho, produced and distributed thanks to Dan Akroyd

On a side note, there is a coffee bar chain called "Javatini" so the bastardization of the word is truly complete.

Unless, of course, it is only served in itty-bitty glasses. ;)

@fingerpickinblue, I guess I have limited myself on this one. I shall have to start another inflamatory thread about what really is and is not a martini.