Mike R.

EXCELLENT service from Absinthe Devil

I received a defective see-saw dripper from Absinthe Devil and inquired about exchanging the unit.

There was a slight crack in the internal well and some green oxidation/corrosion on the funnel undersurface.

I sent an email and heard back this morning.

Not only are they picking a new unit for me (and inspecting it prior to overnight shipment), but they included a free spoon and told me to simply keep the old unit for my trouble.

I thought that deserved a mention here.

Mike R.

Wow Mike, that's great! I read your post about this in another thread last night and wondered if you were considering a return, so I'm glad to hear that this has been handled for you with a positive outcome.

Wow Mike, that's great! I read your post about this in another thread last night and wondered if you were considering a return, so I'm glad to hear that this has been handled for you with a positive outcome.

I was actually considering a return for refund, but only because of my stupid obsessive nature to make sure the dripper was one of the "real" models imported from France and not a cheap knock-off from somewhere else overseas (The kind that would have the word "Absithne" printed on the side....). I'm nuts...I know.....but hey, it was not cheap.

I believe these guys to be reputable so I will rest easy and assume it is the same thing I see on the other sites.

A few people have said that everyone sells the same thing, and as far as I know, only Frenchman is reproducing these so there you go......

In any case, I was impressed with their service and reply time.

Mike R.

They are good people. I bought a two-spigot fountain from AD last fall; when it arrived, the fountain itself was fine, but the box it was packed in (inside the shipping box) was partially wet and everything inside had a mildewy smell. That was it--nothing a quick wash didn't fix. When they heard about it, though, AD sent me a brand new box for storage purposes, along with a free glass, spoon, and package of sugar cubes. Good customer service.

By the way, in case you didn't know, there is a page off the main website that lists WS-approved vendors of absinthe accessories, including AD, which is the American branch of Saxon Gifts. La Maison d'Absinthe in NO, is another good place to send your money.

They are good people. I bought a two-spigot fountain from AD last fall; when it arrived, the fountain itself was fine, but the box it was packed in (inside the shipping box) was partially wet and everything inside had a mildewy smell. That was it--nothing a quick wash didn't fix. When they heard about it, though, AD sent me a brand new box for storage purposes, along with a free glass, spoon, and package of sugar cubes. Good customer service.

By the way, in case you didn't know, there is a page off the main website that lists WS-approved vendors of absinthe accessories, including AD, which is the American branch of Saxon Gifts. La Maison d'Absinthe in NO, is another good place to send your money.

They definitely went the extra mile for me.

I know it sounds neurotic, but for the money, I just want to be sure I am getting the "Frenchman" model and not someone else's. It aint cheap.

It's actually tough to know who carries what.

Example: La Maison is Frenchman's American partner. Does that mean La Maison is the only place that sells Frenchman items?

It's hard to say....there is a place called absinthe on the net that sells merchanidise thatthey claim is only made specifically for their website...

some items look different and interesting but I noticed their spoons and fountains arent anything special

Yeah, they're amazing. The base that was packed with my fountain was not the correct base. They sent me the correct base immediately and tossed a spoon in the box as well. Great folks, and an absolute pleasure to do business with.

Well, the replacement was overnighted to me as promised, arrived first thing in the morning (too bad I didnt have a bottle and glass at work....it IS Friday after all), and included in the box was a nice spoon and sugar on them.

All in all, nothing but good things to say about these guys.

They certainly went the extra mile and were a pleasure to deal with.

Mike R.

I was actually considering a return for refund, but only because of my stupid obsessive nature to make sure the dripper was one of the "real" models imported from France and not a cheap knock-off from somewhere else overseas (The kind that would have the word "Absithne" printed on the side....). I'm nuts...I know.....but hey, it was not cheap.

The Auto verseur dripper you mention is also avail at Maison de Absinthe, (a WS approved vendor) and HAS "absinthe" stamped into the silver plate. They say it IS imported from France. Also, I have one that was sent to me from Europe that has this stamp as well. It seems pretty nice and works very well.....Perhaps not all versions with this stamp are bad. lesser, or not French...I haven't seen the others, so I don't know the difference.

Edited by sbmac

I have had continued EXCELLENT service from Absinthe Devil. My first all glass fountain came in pieces and they sent another right away. I then ordered the fairy fountain and the globe was cracked. I contacted them and they sent another globe with a free spoon. That globe did not fit my base so they sent another globe and faucet base with yet another spoon. I sent them and e-mail telling them that they provided me with the best customer service that I have ever had. They did all of this for me and I never had to send anything back or be charged an extra dime!

If it's the silver-plated variety it will tarnish eventually, FYI. Using a gentle rub with a silver polish is probably the best bet. Me, I used the Mother's Incredible Billet Polish that I have for shining up the rims on the M3. Probably take the coating right off the thing in a few years but what the hey, the absinthe tastes good and the car looks sick Orion6.jpg :pirate: