Mike R.

Question about a glass from La Maison...

I ordered and received one of these.

http://www.lamaisondabsinthe.com/product-p/201.htm

201-2.jpg

I liked it because on their site it described the glass as holding 1 ounce in the reservoir and being 4 inches tall. It seemed like a cool little glass to have.

The glass I received looks just like the glass illustrated except the reservoir holds 1.5 ounces when full and the glass is closer to 6 inches tall.

Does anyone own this same glass and if you do, can you tell me if yours is the same as mine?

I own a few glasses that hold a neat 1.5 ounce dose in the reservoir and wanted a couple that hold 1 ounce only when full.

Yes, I realize I could just not fill the reservoir completely, but that is not the point....

Thanks in advance!

Mike R.

I have the same one. The reservoir holds closer to 1-1/2 oz's and is about 5-1/2 intall. It's one of my favorite glasses.

I have a set of the same glasses only with the cuts.

When the earth was young, WS offered a set of 6 for $18 plus shipping. You could also collect sets by buying boxes of Quaker Oats. I use them for very special occasions, now.

I may be wrong about that price, by the way.

Or the Quaker Oats part. BTW Mike, that looks just like the glass one gets with a special gift pack that Lucid comes with, I have one. I don't like using it though, it seems very fragile. I like heft in my drinkware.

The ones from La Maison are much heavier (at least mine are). I broke both of the wimpy ones from the Lucid pack.

I purchased a set of 4 of these glasses from La Maison. I love them and use them religiously...but yes, I also realized the bubble holds more than 1 ounce.

Most of the time I only use 1 or 2 glasses at a time. The other two have remained in the back of my cupboard untouched since I purchased them several months back.

About a week ago I pulled the other two down because a friend and I were sampling brands side by side and wanted to have them all louched at the same time.

The two I had not used had developed fractures inside the bubble section of the glass. Now, these were not from impact as not only had I not used them yet but the cracks are not on the surface, they are set within the glass itself. They seemed to develop the fractures since I received them in the mail but I am not sure how.

It's been long enough since I bought them so I don't think it is fair to ask for a replacement, but I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else. :mellow:

Or the Quaker Oats part. BTW Mike, that looks just like the glass one gets with a special gift pack that Lucid comes with, I have one. I don't like using it though, it seems very fragile. I like heft in my drinkware.

The glass I received from La Maison is pretty thick. It is definitely not what I would call fragile (like a wineglass).

I am only disappointed because it was advertised as a 1 ounce reservoir and it holds 1.5 ounces.

I already have 6 1.5 ounce glasses and wanted something that held a neat single ounce dose.

I like the glass and will probably keep it but I emailed La Maison and let them know.

I even ordered a second glass yesterday before I saw the reservoir held more than an ounce. Oh well.....live and learn I guess.

They really should adjust their site's description on the reservoir capacity and glass dimensions (they list it at 4 inches in height and it is closer to 6).

Quality wise, it is a great glass though.

No bubbles or internal flaws.

Mike R.

As an aside, I did email La Maison and Stacy got back to me.

They are going to have the glass description on the website updated to reflect what the glass actually is size and reservior wise.

I thought that was nice of them.

Mike R.