Mike R.

Cusenier "Auto Verseur"

I am very interested in these.

402-2.jpg

It looks like an extremely "fun" way to make the drink.

I looked at all of the "popular" retailers and they all seem to carry them, but was wondering if they all carry the same one. The prices vary from about $110 down to $80.

I was going to go with La Maison because they have been really pleasant to deal with, but thought I would ask first in case anyone has any input.

Thanks!

Mike R.

I looked at all of the "popular" retailers and they all seem to carry them, but was wondering if they all carry the same one. The prices vary from about $110 down to $80.

AFAIK there is only one on the market, the Frenchman one. While it is silver plated, I find it a tad expensive.

39€+very expensive shipping at Vert d'Absinthe

http://www.vertdabsinthe.com/shop/index.ph...t&Itemid=26

And yes, it is indeed very fun to use, and impresses a lot the neophytes

It is well worth it since it is such a clever little device. It's rubbish with a sugar cube though, so if you take sugar you'll want to have some simple syrup on hand.

This is the thing I bring to bars to make the bartender realize I might know more than he/she does about absinthe. Heck, it even says "ABSINTHE" on the side! Call it a cheap gimmick if you will, but I think it actually allows the bartender to save face. No one likes to be corrected in their place of work, and this little puppy seems to stop bartenders from giving me the usual hype.

"Yes I want absinthe, no I do not want it set on fire as I'll be using *this* to prepare it."

Retro, don't lie -- you take the cusenier not so much to avoid bartender hype as to get laid. Amirite? :devil:

I think that's stretching it a bit, Jay. How could a silly piece of absinthe paraphernalia get you laid?

Autoverseur.jpg

I think that's stretching it a bit, Jay. How could a silly piece of absinthe paraphernalia get you laid?

Brouilleur.jpg

That's the one I bought!

They told me it was one of a kind.

What the heck!!!!

HA! Mike! :laugh:

"Oral benefits" aside, it really is a fun and useful gadget. Keep it wrapped in silvercloth or a sealed plastic bag to slow tarnishing. Come polishing time, a soft toothbrush is useful for working silver polish into the moving parts.

What was the original inquiry again?

I looked at all of the "popular" retailers and they all seem to carry them, but was wondering if they all carry the same one.

They all offer the same one. The best price I've found is from absinthe devil. They offer free shipping on orders over $99 so one of those drippers and a few other items and it's delivered to you for free. It's even less expensive if you catch one of their 20% off sales. :cheers:

They're currently offering a 10% off summer sale:

An icon with Brooks' eyes and Absomphe's tongue -- now THAT would be terrifying!

Now now, don't tempt anyone PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THING THAT IS GOOD !

Now that's my ultimatum, if anyone comes with that, I swear I'm huffing a Esprit d'Edouard. Did I make myself clear ?

An icon with Brooks' eyes and Absomphe's tongue -- now THAT would be terrifying!

Wouldn't it, though? Absolutely terrifying. Hahahaha.

If anyone comes with that, I swear I'm huffing a Esprit d'Edouard. Did I make myself clear?

Clear as day. Hahahaha.

Absomphewitheyes.gif. . . . .HUFF AWAY!

How can we dissuade Absomphe from using this new avatar? That's the question, isn't it? We all know how stubborn he can be. How evil and perverse.

Might I suggest bribery? Nothing untoward, mind you, but.......a bottle here, a bottle there, perhaps? If we talk to him nicely, I'm sure something can be worked out.

Hahahaha.

What was the original inquiry again?
I looked at all of the "popular" retailers and they all seem to carry them, but was wondering if they all carry the same one.

They all offer the same one. The best price I've found is from absinthe devil. They offer free shipping on orders over $99 so one of those drippers and a few other items and it's delivered to you for free. It's even less expensive if you catch one of their 20% off sales. :cheers:

They're currently offering a 10% off summer sale:

What the heck...for 10% off, I'll give it a shot.

Came to like $60 including shipping. Everyone else seems to be selling them around $90.

I ordered it just now from Absinthe Devil.

It will look super cool sitting up on the bar with the absinthe service.

Mike R.

Edited by Mike R.

How can we dissuade Absomphe from using this new avatar? That's the question, isn't it? We all know how stubborn he can be. How evil and perverse.

Might I suggest bribery? Nothing untoward, mind you, but.......a bottle here, a bottle there, perhaps? If we talk to him nicely, I'm sure something can be worked out.

That ought to do the trick for that evil clown.

I smell something rotten in Denmark (and no, it's not the scent of Esprit d'Edouard being huffed by Aggelos, either). Methinks the Brooks is pondering a kickback scheme, here. Forsooth, and for shame!

(Is there any room for my in this pyramid scheme of alcoholic persuasion?)

Absomphewitheyes.gif. . . . .HUFF AWAY!

Hahahaha.

Nothing can prevent the inevitable, now that you've set the wheels in motion, you perverse :censor1: !

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!! :devil:

Great -- that won't fuel nightmares for a month. And I thought Tim Curry was frightening in "It".

If I never need an excuse to drink myself to sleep, I'll just come back to this thread and look at the two pairs of eyes and tongues on post #24. The glass will come out, I'll pour the booze, and cheers with a hearty, "and the call was coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

I'll just come back to this thread and look at the two pairs of eyes and tongues on post #24.

One for each eye.

Or nostril.

Baubel, are you drinking? Cuz I don't even know what the HELL you just said, man.

Of course, I've been drinking, so maybe that's it. :laf:

Green liquid? Blood? White blood like in PG-13 version of Metal Slug? Slugs? PG-13 White Slugs?

We really shouldn't encourage evil clown avatars. But then again...if we embrace them with cute cuddly love then they won't feel evil enough by being evil looking and will start going back to good old fashioned carved stone knockers. ;)

Baubel, are you drinking? Cuz I don't even know what the HELL you just said, man.

Of course, I've been drinking, so maybe that's it. :laf:

I think we're both losing it. I originally thought you asked what I was drinking. What I meant was one avatar for each eye of the viewer. It made sense until you questioned it. Thanks. Jk.

Damn secondaries.

Not really.