Sign in to follow this  
iamsolidsnake

Free 1oz Diamond Vodka Samples

Anyone who's familiar with the brand, care to recommend which variation to sample? I'm a bigger fan of absolut than smirnoff, if that influences the recommendation at all.

For anyone interested, the offer is on their site, and I assume its limited, it seems they did it in February of this year as well.

http://diamondvodkas.com/

happy trails! if anyone's up for reviewing their sample here, please do!

I tend not to drink vodka in the US market. It brings nothing to the table. Very few have any character. Leopold's is an exception to that.

I've been meaning to try this one, since I prefer potato vodka. Which reminds me, I'm out of Chopin.

I tend not to drink vodka in the US market. It brings nothing to the table. Very few have any character. Leopold's is an exception to that.

As are these. Some (probably rightfully so) don't consider non-grain spirits to be vodka, but whatever they are, they're nice. Made from scratch, one's grapes and one's honey.

Drink Up NY has a huckleberry flavored vodka that I was eyeballin', but I'd rather have some gin concoction or absinthe. I used to like Hanger One's Fraser River Raspberry. Other than that though...

Boyd and Blair looks the most to the point. These Diamonds do not convince me, I have read description of one, Diamond 100:

"is meticulously filtered over 100 times through charcoal and crushed lava rock"
and it says everything I wanted to hear :thumbdown: Another fanciful ultra-hyper-premium crap.

Speaking of these two spirits Gwydion recommends, absinthe with mead base is about to be launched.

It's actually been around for quite some time, but I haven't been able to get a bottle yet. I don't have high hopes, based on the stated sweetness, but I'm always willing to take one (or 50) for the team. :cheers:

I haven't tried Leopold's (yet!) but I'd add to that short list, Philadelphia Distilling Rye Vodka.

They sent us some, and we had no complaints about it!

:pirate: