iamsolidsnake

HI! I'm the new guy.

Hiya! I'm Steve, and I'm an announced absinthe amateur in experience, though as far as knowing the story and the differences between THUJXTREME and a jade, I've been interested in the spirit for the better part of a decade. I started by looking online, scouring alandia, then found out over the years the truth about wormwood, thujone, all that good stuff that the mass public thinks makes it an illicit substance/drug. As for those folks, all i have to say is; Ride The Bull™

I like quality absinthe, trying new things, evangelion and a couple other quality anime titles, taking long walks on the beach ( not really, lived on one my entire life, I could care less about it), and I'm from the glorious whereabouts of GA in the free and independent state of Chatham County. I live on an island that's a stone's throw from Savannah ( yes, of garden and good of evil fame), so if you ever need any info on things to do there, feel free to message me! Glad to finally come out from lurking. Be seein' ya!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm also into magic. Give me a bottle of absinthe, I'll guarantee to make it disappear. Huzzah!

Edited by iamsolidsnake

Howdy. :cheers:

I'm into Evangelion as well, and a good bit of other anime. I've gone to the anime convention in Atlanta once but I haven't been able to make it most years for one reason or another.

Thanks all for the greetings.

Seeker- Good to hear, I'm just ashamed the commercial success and capstone to the adventures of solid snake had to be that awful game 4. Satire or not, that was not the right avenue for kojima to make a statement as to the state of affairs in the industry.

Howdy. :cheers:

I'm into Evangelion as well, and a good bit of other anime. I've gone to the anime convention in Atlanta once but I haven't been able to make it most years for one reason or another.

Wondercon? A friend of mine was supposed to go to one once, dunno if he ever did it. Awesome on the eva front, hope to see you at the screening of the rebuild dub in atl, if not, here's hoping there's a screening near you.

( yes, of garden and good of evil fame)

I had to read that one a few times before I figured out what was going on!

Welcome IASS, I remember playing Metal Gear Solid back in college on an original Playstation, fun stuff.

Which island by the way? I seem to remember a Wassaw and Tybee in Chatham? Never been but remember seeing them on one my maps at the office.

SSsssoooo, what's your favorite absinthe?

( yes, of garden and good of evil fame)

I had to read that one a few times before I figured out what was going on!

Welcome IASS, I remember playing Metal Gear Solid back in college on an original Playstation, fun stuff.

Which island by the way? I seem to remember a Wassaw and Tybee in Chatham? Never been but remember seeing them on one my maps at the office.

SSsssoooo, what's your favorite absinthe?

TYBEE! S'the island I'm on and grew up on. Moved off a couple times, but this is still home to me.

Unfortunately my only experience with any manner of authentic absinthe has been with Lucid. I got so desperate to try absinthe after having read so much about it I settled for absente once, not knowing real absinthe was on the way to legalization ( I did know that absente wasn't really absinthe, but I was dying to try what I thought was the closest thing; stupid me). I knew it wasn't real, but I figured I'd never get to try the real stuff. Almost turned me off from absinthe altogether, but when lucid came out I had to give it another go. Tried it the evening before St. Patrick's day and enjoyed myself, drank the rest the next day in atrocious manners. I've had another bottle since and found my preferred preparation.

I look forward to trying Kübler or clandestine soon, and while I'd love to try some other brands (notably the other jades, edouard and nouvelle orleans, as well as doubs mystique and maybe Roquette) I won't be able to justify spending that much money until I have a solid job locked in. Love some of the label designs though, I'm a graphic deign student and therefore a sucker for good packaging.

Welcome, and please accept this virtual olive branch for my earlier haranguing over wine knowledge. This place here, these people who make up this forum, has been greatly helpful to my introduction to absinthe and the more we can spread the WS goodness, the better.

I could never deny someone extending an olive branch, and my apologies for idiocy on my part as well as lacking a decent metaphor. Next time I'll use vodka and potato juice, ok? :cheers:

Edited by iamsolidsnake

Unfortunately my only experience with any manner of authentic absinthe has been with Lucid.

Drop by Birmingham sometime. I don't have much on hand at the moment but I have a few things more than that and am always happy to share. Good stuff as well as some oddities from absinthe's path back to respectability.

Greetings, Steve! I've been to Savannah a few times, one of the best parts of GA, IMO. I usually stay in Pt. Wentworth on my annual spring trip to FL. Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Hiya Steve!

Or cake and batter.

I've used this metaphor with success, though licking the bowl would not be pleasant. :puke:

Unfortunately my only experience with any manner of authentic absinthe has been with Lucid.

Drop by Birmingham sometime. I don't have much on hand at the moment but I have a few things more than that and am always happy to share. Good stuff as well as some oddities from absinthe's path back to respectability.

If I'm ever going to be in the vicinity, I'll be around with a bottle of whichever preferred brand I can lay my hands on.

Greetings, Steve! I've been to Savannah a few times, one of the best parts of GA, IMO. I usually stay in Pt. Wentworth on my annual spring trip to FL. Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Good to know! Spring is easily the best time to come, weather's not too bad, bugs aren't out yet, and all the blooming azalias. Maybe when I become a slightly more enterprising individual I can hold an absinthe get together for interested parties in my fair city. If this ever comes to pass, I'll let you know!

Thanks again to the continued welcoming!

Glad to have you onboard, snake. I was keeping track of the Alandia thread a bit yesterday, so I already know that you're not afraid to devote a little time to thinking about what might help the absinthe industry and sharing your opinion -- both admirable traits. :cheers:

Alright, I figure everyone who's gonna say hey ha already said it, so once again, a final thanks for all the welcoming

Absinthe & Evangelion...

Allright, nuff said, we're bound to bond I suppose.

Welcome aboard Steve :)

Awesome, always glad to hear of fellow fans, in any community I may be a part of.