leighbie87

Newbie from good ol' Minnesota

Hi! I'm Leigh. I'm not sure what I am supposed to talk about here...So, I'll ramble. I have tried just like 2 different types of absinthe. First time was in Europe at a hostel...and I just bought some off an international ebay site...and it has some kick to it and numbs my tongue a bit...I'm not sure if thats good or not... :)

I just gradumatated from NDSU...with a Criminal Justice degree and a Psychology minor. My plan is to become a probation officer...although I'm having a tough time with that because the economy sucks and I don't have any "case management" experience...I'm hoping I can get that by working at my current job....

well....I also have 3 cats...Arnold, Lily, and Dakotah. All of them are pains in my ass...but I love them... Ugh..I'm a 21 year old cat lady...all i need is a shot gun and ill be just like that cat lady on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Awesome!

Other than that...I love antique dolls...I just bought my first one so I can admire her...instead of drooling over the ones on ebay that I'll never be able to afford...

um...I love tacos and velociraptors.

:D

Greetings! :wave2: I hope you take the time to try some American absinthe, I think you'll find little that can beat it. :cheers: As for getting a shotgun, wise decision, my friend. It's about the only kind of ammo you can find consistently nowadays. Besides, how else are you going to make velociraptors into tacos? :devil:

Nice intro, thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

A velociraptor taco...I bet we have a recipe somewhere around here.

Until next time, Cheers!

Tacos and velociraptors! Nice!

I'm glad you made it over here to introduce yourself. Welcome, Leigh!

I love 21 year old ladies that love shotguns, cats, criminal justice and absinthe!

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

Two out of four ain't bad :devil: ;)

Welcome, Leigh! :cheers:

Howdy Podner. :cheers: One of my cats just realized I came back home. Now I'll never here the end of it aashshnn. Damn claws.

Welcome!!!

Hard to find velociraptors these days, but their descendents surround us, and coincidentally a shotgun is the perfect tool for procuring them. Get a hold of the appropriate genetically modified wolf and you're all set for a whole bunch of adventure and good eats.

:cheers:

Y'all are makin' me hungry..AND givin' me an itchy trigger finger! Welcome to the forum, Leigh. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here!

Welcome aboard! :)

Welcome Leighbie! Whereabouts in MN are you from?

I am a cat person by marriage. When my wife initially bought them they were tiny little kittens but they have turned into giant beasts, the big one 27 lbs and the little one 16...and furry oh my god the fur...

Anyway, I'm a southern California native but went to college at St. Olaf up in your neck of the woods.

All that aside, your first absinthe selection sounds a tad sketchy, I heartily suggest visiting www.drinkupny.com and trying any of the following (in no particular order):

Artemisia-Bugnon Distillery "La Clandestine" Absinthe Superieure

Obsello Absinthe Verte

Delaware Phoenix "Meadow of Love" Absinthe Superieure

Delaware Phoenix "Walton Waters" Absinthe Superieure

Emile Pernot "Vieux Pontarlier" Absinthe Francais Superieure

Jade Liqueurs "Nouvelle-Orleans" Absinthe Superieure

Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte

Marteau Absinthe de la Belle Epoque

Pacific Distillery "Pacifique" Absinthe Verte Superieure

Philadelphia Distilling "Vieux Carre" Absinthe Superieure

I would STAY AWAY from:

La Fee Absinthe Parisienne