Absinthe Ben

Eric in car wreck

Everyone, Jules has just tipped me off that Eric has been in a hit and run accident. Please give him a call or e-mail and keep him in your prayers.

512-324-7929

According to Kirk he has a "cracked #1 lumbar vertebrae and elbow plus road burns from head to toe and his Schwinn is trashed."

Giving him a call now, so will post more info a little later on.

Sorry to hear when anyone has been harmed, especially when the guilty party takes off. Damn people.

What is Eric's user name on here?

You'll be in the prayers of the wife and I, Eric. Get well and here's hoping the find the bastard.

Very sorry to hear about Eric's accident! Hope you recover quickly & fully. I put on a lot of miles for work, and I can tell you the road is chock-full of idiots, imbeciles, & incompetents at any given moment...this is further evidence.

Very sorry to hear about Eric's accident! Hope you recover quickly & fully. I put on a lot of miles for work, and I can tell you the road is chock-full of idiots, imbeciles, & incompetents at any given moment...this is further evidence.

Hey now, don't be so harsh. Maybe it wasn't Eric's fault.

Ok, I finally got through and had a chance to talk with him for a bit. He was riding his bike down the street when a car PLOWED him from behind, just kept on going. The vehicle must have been going very fast without its lights on (it was about 9 PM) because Eric said he didn't see/hear it coming. He went into shock almost instantly from the pain, but thankfully it didn't take too long for the ambulance to arrive. He did mention the doctors believe he will make a FULL recovery, and tomorrow they want him to try walking.

No one got a plate number, but supposedly one of the neighbours saw which apartment complex the vehicle drove into, so there's still some hope they could find the person responsible.

Even under strong painkillers, he still worried about his booze at home. That's Eric for you. :)

He also said once he got back home he'd make a post updating his condition to assure everyone he was ok.

Tell him I said that in spite of my being a piece of shit, I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

...uh...

Damn. Didn't Oscar also get hit by a car while riding his bike a few years ago?

Terrible! People can be so inconsiderate and careless. I will be thinking about Eric and hope he makes a speedy recovery! Good vibrations!

...He was riding his bike down the street when a car PLOWED him from behind, just kept on going.

That's completely messed up.

Tell him I said that in spite of my being a piece of shit, I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

...uh...

Background.

You stay classy, Seattle.

Thank you Gwydion. Despite our past differences, I think that it was big of you to hope for my recovery.

That is a comment that would be perfectly suitable over at the lounge. I will try my best to take it in good humor.

Just got back home. THANK YOU to everybody who called and or posted to wish me well. I really appreciate all of you guys. I will be talking to APD tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to piece together what happened. Right now I am really worn out, and lucky to be alive.

Thank you Gwydion. Despite our past differences, I think that it was big of you to hope for my recovery.

I've never been one to either eschew common decency or resist a crass joke. The opportunity to indulge in both in one sentence was just too good to pass up.

During the third crusade in the 12th century, the great sultan, Saladin, was battling the encroaching crusaders who were led by King Richard I of England. When Richard fell ill with fever, Saladin sent his own personal physician to attend Richard, and sent for snow from the mountains 100 miles away, and fresh fruits to make sherbet in order to sooth the fever. Saladin also sent this message: "Differences aside, no one deserves to get fucked in the ass by a car."

That is a comment that would be perfectly suitable over at the lounge. I will try my best to take it in good humor.

I'm glad it wasn't lost on everyone.

Healing vibes. :cheers: