Beautiful Loosher

h'lo again and some brand questions...

An 'interesting' several months since posting last. Never got to plant my wormwood garden :( but that will come...

The video that Brian did mentioned 50 some brands available in the US. I am thinking this means not via overseas shipment, but bottles on the ground :) as it were. Is there a list?

Another question, Drinkupny seems to be out of stock on some favorites- anyone know if this is this temporary or longer, due to economic climate or something else?

Labeling.

That's also why only certain flavors of Big League Chew are only available at certain gas stations. :thumbdown:

Welcome back, Beautiful.

The good news with DUNY being out of stock is that there is a demand for quality absinthe. That is a very good thing for all of us.

Unfortunately, Leopold, Marteau and Pacifique will no longer be made. Apparently, the producers have grown tired of the whole absinthe thing and are pursuing careers in um, plastics, I think.*

*Pardon the bullshit. Todd, Gwydion and Marc are producing absinthe that will rival the best Europe has to offer. ;)

You'll want to bookmark Alan's list of approved absinthes at The Real Absinthe Blog.

Labeling.

That's also why only certain flavors of Big League Chew are only available at certain gas stations. :thumbdown:

Is THAT the deal with Big Chew? Damn, I've been at home biting my nails waiting for some scrap of info about this...thanks, man! :tongue:

Welcome back, Beautiful.

The good news with DUNY being out of stock is that there is a demand for quality absinthe. That is a very good thing for all of us.

Unfortunately, Leopold, Marteau and Pacifique will no longer be made. Apparently, the producers have grown tired of the whole absinthe thing and are pursuing careers in um, plastics, I think.*

:blink: gack... whew it's a joke... :laf:

And the whole Big League Chew consipiracy, wow. The stuff you learn here.

:)

Labeling.

I figured it was because the guys on the packaging all look like they're on 'roids.

Yes, that seems to be the drawback to the growth of the absinthe market. Look at LDF and the Jades. It seems that alot of good absinthes are going missing at the same time.

I hope they all don't become available at the same time, my wallet couldn't take the strain. *smile*

I hope they come around soon though.

The video that Brian did mentioned 50 some brands available in the US. I am thinking this means not via overseas shipment, but bottles on the ground :) as it were. Is there a list?

Ben linked to my list. At the time of Brian's video, there were 53 approved or in process; now there are 54 approved, and at least another 6 stated publicly to be in process.

Of the 54 approved, several have been abandoned. Others are not yet launched. If you try really hard, you might be able to locate around 30 of them.

Another question, Drinkupny seems to be out of stock on some favorites- anyone know if this is this temporary or longer, due to economic climate or something else?

I believe all the out-of-stocks are temporary, but four of those have been for several weeks already. I think there were a couple of posts on this already (Todd? PV?). All the out-of-stocks brands are available for ordering from retailers in other States.

Ben linked to my list. At the time of Brian's video, there were 53 approved or in process; now there are 54 approved, and at least another 6 stated publicly to be in process.

Great list, thank you very much!