leopold

Leopold Bros. Tasting in Wash DC July 10th

Hi everyone.

We're doing a tasting of our entire line of spirits in Washington DC this Friday, July 10th. My assistant distiller will be there to handle questions. Yes, our Absinthe will be there. Sorry for the late notice, but I just got the time 100% confirmed.

We have a pretty huge portfolio, so this is a nice way to try them all without clearing out your kid's college fund. Apple whiskey, Blackberry Whiskey, Peach Whiskey, vodka, gin, dark rum, our liqueurs: blackberry, tart cherry, sour apple, cranberry, peach.

I'm not 100% sure if DC limits the number of samples you can try, though.

It's at Best Cellars in Dupont Circle, Washington DC. at 5.30 PM.

Any questions, contact Best Cellars

Best Cellars Dupont

1643 Connecticut Ave., NW

Washington, DC 20009

202-387-3146

Luckily I'm meeting with Lindsay and Erich on Wednesday, because if not, I would have been totally pissed at you for scheduling the tasting event during Tales!!! :pirate:

Throw up a flare when you find yourself in Southern CA. I missed you on my whirlwind tour of CO.

Yeah, my genius brother just mentioned today that you called the office early last week. Helpful and timely information.

Sorry bout that. Next time: cellphone.

No DC for me, Seeker ot. I'm chained to the stills until the holidays are over.

No DC for me, Seeker ot. I'm chained to the stills until the holidays are over.

You can hear my heart breaking, can't you? ;)

But what a great opportunity to sample a bunch of award winning Leopold Bro.s booze!

heya, I am hoping to make this-- if I do, would there be a problem with taking some video, a brief interview mebbe, to post up on YouTube to share with the august assemblage at WWS? What say you all, is there some interest?

Dooo eeet. I just got back from doing a vertical tasting of the entire line. Oh man, the liqueurs are SO good... I don't have a complaint about anything in the entire line, other than I don't yet have bottles of them all.

We also had the bartender at Central Michel make up their normal Absinthe Suissesse, and then one with Leopold. The difference was amazing. I think they might have picked up a new account. :cheers:

Man, I wish I could make it out there for this tasting... Besides DUNY, where can one find Leopold's spirits in NJ? -Anywhere?-

This must be why you guys were so hard to get a hold of these past 2 days!

Wish I could attend this tasting, but I'm too far away at the moment. Fortunately I was able to try your Three Pins though, but the blackberry whiskey and liqueur sound awesome!

In the immortal words of "Hans un Franz", listen to me now and believe me later: Leopold Brothers spirits, especially their absinthe, sincerely do NOT suck. They do not suck in as extreme a sense as I can possibly express. They are major examples of non-suckitude.

Before the end of this month, I plan upon taking a serious position on Leopold Brothers spirits. There is nothing there not to love. Are you a vodka drinker? Boom, they have you covered, and covered very nicely. Gin drinker? Bang, their gin will rock you to your very core. Rum? Whiskey? Fruit liqueurs? Yes, yes, and oh, yes. The absinthe? Oh, my..... this is a proud example of American spirits achievement. First-rate, great louche, beautiful aromas and it delivers the goods in the flavor department.

Shabba, you are a master of understatement, the Leopold Brothers absinthe goes straight to the first tier, in the exalted company of Marteau and.....?

Folks, I don't pretend to have the vast breadth and depth of absinthe experience and knowledge as many others on this forum do, but if I may be permitted to paraphrase the late Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, great absinthe may be difficult for me to define, but I know it when I taste it.

These folks are serious and innovative, and I cannot wait for what they have planned to release next. If anyone doubts that this company can possibly be producing so many diverse spirits at such a high level, then I say get thee hence to a bar or restaurant which features these spirits and see for yourselves.

Color me green and impressed. :)

I'd like to be able to purchase a bottle of each offering...for starters.

I've had the gin and absinthe and would gladly purchase more. Any body want to help an ole Okie out? I have references. *smile*

alas i could not attend, :angry: my hip and back were giving me problems today, that plus the traffic would've been too much to bear... but I do have the best part of bottle of batch #8 that has a wonderful flavor and will help to ease the pain. :cheers:

Leopold Brothers spirits, especially their absinthe, sincerely do NOT suck.

Joe, I like the way you think. Have you talked to Lindsay yet? If not, I'll give you her number.

Glad you liked them, Joe. Thanks for taking the time to talk with Erich and Lindsay.

Have no fear, B. Loosher, we'll have a bunch more tastings in DC over the next few months. I'll shoot you a PM so we don't bog down the board with commercial crap. I just announced this one since it was our 1st in the area.

Have a great weekend....