StevePrime

Impressed with DrinkUpNY

Well I don't know much about the background of some of the forumites here on WC so forgive me if I seem to make dumb statements sometimes...

but then again I don't know much about anything to begin with!

remember that one thread I made asking how you pronounce the word pernod?

Well, I guess that's a good example to use to stifle the rare yet nasty comments that the WS is just a Marteau marketing engine. :cheers:

As of Monday around noon, DUNY will have more WW and MoL, for those who are into those kind of absinthes. :arrr:

btw, whatever happened to MeatWaggon?

(omg, this was my 3500th post at WS).

Edited by dakini_painter

Sounds terrific DP. They are both on my list.

From what I've read, you've been a very busy gal lately. It seems your products are almost flying off the shelves. *thumbs up*

Keep up the good delicious work.

To your continued success, Cheers!

As of Monday around noon, DUNY will have more WW and MoL, for those who are into those kind of absinthes. :arrr:

Excellent! I just placed my order for the WW...very much looking forward to trying this one.

I've got two more bottles of Meadow of Love due to arrive on Monday, but it's always good to hear that it's back in stock, Cheryl, especially the way it seems to mysteriously evaporate in this Northwest climate. :cheers:

thats a very good idea....how would we go about getting something like this accomplished?

I would think there are forum members here from WC that live in each of the canadian provinces

I may be wrong though

Yes I think so to. I think it just takes some "leadershi-nitiative" from the one that want to start it. As an exemple (which I'll try eventually) :

1 - A lives in Montreal, Quebec. He would like to taste, say, some Delaware Phoenix nice verte jug. He looks for the best online service and choses DUNY. Then, he contacts individually B, C, some Quebec friends, D, E, some Quebecer from the absinthe community and F from Ontario.

2 - He then starts a topic on that, so that others may join. B, D and F join in, and G is a WS forumite from Ontario who is also interested.

3 - Each of them look at what interests them. then forward it to A.

4 - A and F look about their liquor board (if the shipping cannot get directly to them) to see if it would be better to go with the LCBO or SAQ for private import. If SAQ is better, he makes the recquired procedures and commands from DUNY, if it's the LCBO then it's F.

5 - They set up for a meeting point one day (plus it makes for a nice heure verte!), at a location which please everyone, meet with the guy who recieved the shipping, pay for their bottle(s) and their part of the shipping/liquor boards fees.

6 - :cheers:

Sadly, I do not have the possibility to do that now since I don't have a credit card, or the ability to pay for a big shipment of absinthe but when I do, I'll be happy to try that. If it works, it would be a nice way for us to get different brands. Alternatively, if the starter had a car and a passport he might prefer to make a US road trip and go for it directly. Then there would be no shipment fee (maybe he would ask a bit money for the fuel altough) but depending from the province, he could still have liquor boards taxes/fees to pay at the border.

And Wayek, thanks also for your (not really)dumb-statement-sacrifice, now some other newbs know about Gwydion distilling feats :devil: !

I probably check on Perique six times a day or more. Each day that passes adds coin to the jar.

You probably already saw that they're back in stock then!

Personally, I think you should be busting Gwydion's chops for not keeping the Marteau flowing! :laugh:

Gwydion is totally busting his hump to get the Marteau flowing again, very soon.

It won't be long now.

The interruption in Marteau production and distribution was abrupt and unexpected, and made it necessary to seek other accommodations. Fortunately, after much seeking, Marteau has found a great new home with very appealing features. ;)

Aside from the move, there are a few other exciting things going on with Marteau and Gnostalgic Spirits. Those who want detailed news when it arrives should sign up for the Marteau newsletter if they haven't already. Thanks for your support. :cheers:

I ended up not making it in time to go on the House Spirits tour, but Jay and his lady made it. From what you told me, and from what Jay said of the tour, it appears I didn't miss much in the Marteau department. Looking forward to your update.

LdF is great, but they need to add the Eich 70/80/78, and drop the Un Emile rubbish already...

Hey! I actually like the Un Emile Sapine - the pine resin gives me a vanilla note on the nose.

Oh lawd! That's right up there with the "this Oxygenee guy" comment by Meatwaggon awhile back.

Isn't that an album by Jean-Michel Jarre?

-- T

Hey! I actually like the Un Emile Sapine - the pine resin gives me a vanilla note on the nose.

So did I, when it was really pronounced in the early batches. After awhile, unfortunately the Sapin became almost indistinguishable from the regular Un Emile...hopefully that lack was "rectified" long ago.

Well I don't know much about the background of some of the forumites

Well on a related note, I often think we should have a "who's who" of some famous authorities, like the board members, distillers, etc.

Breaks my heart when I'm refering to Oxy or Ted Breaux and the person in front of me has no clue of whom I am talking about.

Special category : misfits and, around necessary boogymen, in which I would put Absomphe

So Wayek (and other Canadians), do DUNY can "get it through"?

I have yet to try it out....the cost for shipping to Canada from DUNY is really expensive and my money disappeared from my walet when I was about to put an order in...and that was my bonus check! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have to ask my walet on Friday if I will be allowed to place an order with them

if not this Friday the one after the next one....if not that Friday then the one after the next one, and so on and so on

and no, canada doesnt get the free shipping...matter of fact it is 39.99 for shipping to canda

1 bottle of deleware pheonix = 120.89 US

I think I can wait on that.