#1 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

Whiskey Park
Located in the Boston Park Plaza Hotel

Though my trip to Boston was quick I was surprised to see that they served LTV as well as Lucid; they will ask you how you would like it served and the bartender assured me that as a policy they do not light any alcohol on fire.

Slightly pricy (16 dollars a drink)

50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116-3912
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

“…and it’s appropriate to serve them, as long as you serve them appropriately.”
-Jules

#2 JustMe74

JustMe74

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Does anyone know of a good liquor store in Boston that carries various brands of Absinthe? Preferably on the South Shore or downtown area.

#3 divulse123

divulse123

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

I don't know of any for certain. I'm moving back to Boston at the end of June, and I'll be conducting a survey personally. I've heard rumors that Lucid and Kübler are to be found at many of the large liquor stores. From what I've ben able to gather, it may be difficult to obtain many of the higher quality absinthes in Boston, since online stores will not ship to MA. I may be able to update this post by the beginning of July.
So far, I've experienced and prefer in this order:
1.) Jade Nouvelle-Orleans
2.) La Clandestine
3.) Lucid

#4 JustMe74

JustMe74

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Divulse123,
I noticed in your intro thread that you currently live in Cincinnati... that's where I'm from, but I moved to Boston in August of 2008 for a new job. :)
I will see what I can find- I have seen Lucid at several stores, but I was hoping at least one place downtown might have something better.

#5 divulse123

divulse123

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

My "go to" liquor store in the Boston area was always Gordon's Fine Wines and Liquors. There's 2 in Waltham and 1 in Watertown. As of right now, it looks like they carry Lucid and Kübler. They also have Absinthe Ordinaire and Absente (Absinthe Refined), but I don't remember ever seeing them in the WS review section, so they may be garbage.
2.) La Clandestine
3.) Lucid

#6 Touch-Money

Touch-Money

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

Heading up to New York to get some WW or MoL is always a good road trip! Especially in the fall when the leaves are changing. We used to do that (minus getting the absinthe) every fall when I was attending college in Boston.

Edited by Touch-Money, 07 May 2010 - 10:06 AM.

“Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.” - George Bernard Shaw

#7 JustMe74

JustMe74

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:22 AM

I ordered from Liqueurs de France last week; according to the tracking information, it just arrived in the US. Since MA prohibits mail order delivery of alcohol, it will be interesting to see if it actually gets here. If it does, it's kind of ridiculous that I can order from France but not neighboring New York...!

#8 divulse123

divulse123

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

Wow, keep us posted!
2.) La Clandestine
3.) Lucid

#9 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

You shouldn't have any problems. You'll be drinking the goods in a few days!
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#10 JustMe74

JustMe74

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

You shouldn't have any problems. You'll be drinking the goods in a few days!

I hope you're right. The only alternatives (unless I want to drive for a few hours each way) are Kübler and Lucid. Not that those are bad, but...

#11 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Just because you don't see what you are looking for in Boston, ask if they can order what you want, hate to find out you can't enjoy some of the great domestics without a long trip. Make the stores work for you. B)

#12 JustMe74

JustMe74

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

My order arrived- that was fast, considering it came from Europe... I placed an order with Maison d'Absinthe on the same day and haven't even received it yet.

#13 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

I can sympathize on that, I've waited awhile for orders from M d A, give em a nudge and start tracking you order , remember free shipping isn't always fast

#14 crow

crow

There's a fly in my potatoes.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

I'm moving back to Boston at the end of June, and I'll be conducting a survey personally. I've heard rumors that Lucid and Kübler are to be found at many of the large liquor stores. From what I've ben able to gather, it may be difficult to obtain many of the higher quality absinthes in Boston

Did you ever find a liquor store in Boston that carries anything better than Lucid and Kübler? I live in southern NH and would also like to be able to buy decent absinthe when I go into the city. As it is, I will be loading up when I go to NYC, and I've already twice ordered from Liqueurs de France (amazingly quick delivery). NY liquor stores won't deliver to NH (it's a fascist NH thing) but I have a co-worker who lives in Maine, so....

But please let me know if you've found a good source in Boston. Thanks.
"Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ("A life lived in fear is a life half lived.") --Frangipani della Squeegeemop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association