Sign in to follow this  
mojorisin35

suggestions an green fairy/absinthe theme

Every year we attend a folk fest that has camping , the organizers give out prizes around the best themed camp ala burning man. I have slowly but surely been converting my friends to the joy of absinthe, and we have decided to center our camp theme around an Absinthe green fairy theme. However we need ideas around the theme. Some parameters we must operate from are;

We have no power or generator at our camp.

It averages 38C so hot hot hot.

We are not wanting to break the bank.

We have a highly motivated and creative crew.

so with the theme and these parameters in mind....

Suggestions please.

p.s distillers if you want to sponsor the site with a couple o cases, spoons, fountains, and

other flair feel free .... ;)

As well is there a pamphlet completed aka http://wormwoodsociety.org/forums/index.ph...=4936&st=60 that I would be able to print and distribute to curious minds.

Gary

distillers if you want to sponsor the site with a couple o cases, spoons, fountains, and other flair feel free .... ;)

I've seen others say stuff like this before as well. Does this actually work?

P.S. Distillers, if you want to sponsor my living room with cases of free absinthe, spoons, and a fountain, feel free. ;)

I was going to suggest dressing in typical Belle Epoque garb, but if it's going to scorching hot, stifling black apparrel is probably not very practical.

If the current absinthe related music project in the works here is completed before your event, a copy of it might set the perfect tone for the event.

distillers if you want to sponsor the site with a couple o cases, spoons, fountains, and other flair feel free .... ;)

I've seen others say stuff like this before as well. Does this actually work?

P.S. Distillers, if you want to sponsor my living room with cases of free absinthe, spoons, and a fountain, feel free. ;)

No probably not, but it is like the old saying goes you will never know unless you ask.

I would suggest lots of copper over a fire, but... that probably would be a bad idea. I suppose were you not actually distilling stuff it would be ok, but... that would probably break the break the bank part anyhow. And what's the fun of having stuff you can't use.

So I'll just suggest you find your favorite absinthe depicting painting and re-create it as well as you can. Also, having girls in gauzy green outfits (like throughout la Fee Verte, etc) is always a good idea, and might even be ok given that you compared it to burning man.

Damn, I was all excited thinking you were saying you were actually going to be forming a burning man theme camp!

I am going to scour the playa this year and find someone featuring absinthe.

My goal.

the man burns in only 78 days

yey

And what's the fun of having stuff you can't use.

Also, having girls in gauzy green outfits (like throughout la Fee Verte, etc) is always a good idea

Love the green gauze girls idea! Alas, I'm married...hence the top quote ;)

That shouldn't be too hard. Finding real absinthe on the other hand...

yea, I thought of that too. I can't imagine, with the common burner's allure to fire as well as general partying that there's much of a chance of finding a camp that appreciates it the way I do. :(

but one can hope