Pontarlier

Show us your Glass!

The horizontal louche. I have been trying to achieve that for quite some time. :thumbup:

Nice job. ;)

Banjo music would have been nice.

In all seriousness, that was a well done video. :thumbup:

I think we should set down and have a coupe drinks. I'll bring the booze, you bring the music.

Sound fair? I'll bring a baubleworks broulier(sp?).

We can louch on the mississippi ferry.

:cheers:

From the "How To Taste" section of the review guide:

Forget The Ratios, I Just Want To Drink My Absinthe!

Try slowly adding water while watching the ‘hydrophobic’ layer of undiluted absinthe rise to the top of the clouding absinthe and water mixture below it. When the mixture is completely cloudy (the point where the undiluted line disappears), stir, smell, and taste the drink and then stop or slowly add more water to your preference.

I guess we'll have to amend that to say:

"Try slowly adding water while watching the ‘hydrophobic’ layer of undiluted absinthe move to the left side of the clouding absinthe and water mixture next to it." :twitchsmile:

Nice job. ;) Banjo music would have been nice.

Okey dokey Bill. Try Shady Grove on for size. It's still a might crooked but....least it's upright.. (Mostly). That drink on a ferry boat ride sounds mighty nice.

Try slowly adding water while watching the layer of undiluted absinthe move to the left side of the clouding absinthe and water mixture next to it

That's what happens when you live on the side of a mountain

Edited by Songcatcher

<--------'fights the urge to lie'..... 'fights the urge to lie' :blowup: Ok. whew! Scott, I truly wish I could take the credit for it but no thats not me playing that fine little tune. I can barely ever play one through without hitting a few off notes and my drop thumb isn't that good. I'm pretty sure it's G modal though.

Edited by Songcatcher

I'm tickled. I never thought i would actually find one, much less a pair. I can't afford the real expensive ones but they will do just fine for me. Sure never expected to find any out bargain hunting.

Edited by Songcatcher

Sure never expected to find any out bargain hunting.

You probably won't find them while sitting on the couch either.

At least you were out doing something. A good thing. :)

Who cares how old they are if you like them? They look like they can handle a 4:1 ratio easily, maybe a bit more. They are nice vaseline glasses circa 1940s-50s most likely.

Break out that Geiger counter SC!

You know, "talkie boxes", that you carry around with you? Meaning there's quite a bit of radiation absorbed from those things, i believe.

Edited by Songcatcher

They really put on quite a show. I doubt they're really old but they are handmade.

Picture0714121800_1.jpg

This begs the question are Absinthe glasses capable of Burlesque Dance? :huh:

.........They are sexy and classy is all I'm saying :devil:

Is anyone familiar with Alchemy of England, they have this gorgeous glass on Amazon, but I think it may be waaaaayyyyyy too thin.

313ARz-1oeL.jpg

I got this glass a few weeks ago and just broke it out the other night. It is a little thinner than most of my glasses but I don't think that is a problem. Treat it gently like any other glass and it's fine. Beautiful sculpting on the fairies.

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/La-Fee-Verte-Absinthe-Tumbler/dp/B0032THSH4/ref=sr_1_61?ie=UTF8&qid=1346596683&sr=8-61&keywords=absinthe