Pontarlier

Show us your Glass!

Does anyone know where to obtain glasses like the ones in the video below? I haven't exactly been looking for them but I've been keeping an eye out for them and can't find them anywhere. I just like the way they look I guess.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2125185130669424470

They're Back...

Libbey Georgian Irish Coffee 6oz

This is my fav. its big, thick and fits my hand perfectly

Picture0207122223_1.jpg

I have that very glass, and it is, indeed, quite ergonomic, and one of my favorites for regular use.*

* Even if it isn't particularly Absomphesized™. :laugh:

I have two of those glasses and that one spoon. I love the classic feel of this glass, its not fancy, but it has a charm that's unique to this design.

And I do think I prefer the reservoir chamber glasses.

The Spoon is nice in it self, but will probably look for one of those more traditional flat spoons.

DSC_0450.jpg

Edited by Kjetil Kverndokken

Booze. Maybe a dripper. A fountain might make sense if you have lots of folks over, they are handy then. I just use drippers. Home made drippers work best, but they are not very presentable.

Unless you want a fountain onacuz they are pretty.

I love the classic feel of this glass, its not fancy, but it has a charm that's unique to this design.

DSC_0450.jpg

I have that glass, which is my favorite, but must say the $10 one from Catskill Cellars i got today with my order is just dandy. The teardrop reservior is mighty nice and the handblown glass is as you say "eleganty simple". Well worth having if not already in your possession. Just my humble opinion.

Now, on to watching this Ridge Verte louche in it :cheers:

Edited by Songcatcher

For those of you who aren't on FB, here's a picture I took last night. Pre-ban Pernod Fils out of an Italian Pontarlier glass.

1337320694656.jpg

Hmmmm......buy a fountain,or two more bottles...... :g:

I didn't want to spend the money on a fountain but I was lucky enough to get a really nice one for Christmas. I'm telling you I use that fountain just about every day. Yes, even just for me. I usually have more than one, so I put a small amount of ice in the fountain and keep more ice nearby in an ice bucket.

I LOVE my fountain. It looks so beautiful sitting on my antique sideboard, and it's great to be able to control the drip so precisely. It's a hard choice, but maybe you can ask for a fountain for your next birthday or whatever. My daughters and one of their bfs all chipped in.

Glass Pontarlier II

Anyone have this glass? You like it? Was thinking of adding it to my order when absinthes.com gets L'ancienne back in. My cordon glass broke months ago.

Or is this one better?

Glass Reservoir Pontarlier - High Quality

Only a few dollars difference in price. The latter has the 4cl well.

Edited by greytail

Glass Pontarlier II has a very small reservoir, is thick pressed glass and taller. Have it, don't use it much. It's o.k. but nothing fancy. A cheap glass you can get here online for $10.

High Quality Pontarlier is hand blown, beautifully faceted and shorter with a nice 2 oz. reservoir. Very well worth the extra few bucks. I just wish i'd a got the broullier with it. You will not be dissapointed. Also the $10 Pontarlier from Catskill Cellars is a dandy too. Handblown glass with a slight teardrop reservoir. Use it quite often. But the high quality is best of the three.

Edited by Songcatcher

I like my Pont. II glasses. I usually 'dose' to just above the point of the start of the vertical lines; and water to 1" of the rim, sip and add more water if needed.

edit

just did a quick search and found this deal if you need a dozen, with spoons:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/La-Ro...90/product.html

Edited by TheLoucheyMonster!

I've got both and I prefer the High Quality over the Pontarlier II. The HQ's that I have hold exactly one ounce in the reservoir and that is pretty handy.

If you're one who breaks glasses often, you may prefer the Pontarlier II. It's molded and thicker so it's feels like it would be sturdier, but I haven't run any tests in that department.

Edited by Phoenix

HQ glass with home made dripper.

DSC01864.jpg

My first absinthe Video, and the damn thing is sideways. I guess I was a little bit sideways myself.

Edited by Songcatcher