Pontarlier

Show us your Glass!

No pics. One of the liquor stores I frequent has a promo glassware section - anything and everything is 50 cents. So I scored a set of 2 Lucid glasses for a buck.

Still waiting for my first real glass.

Looks like you're downing some Balance, though, so you're going about things in the right order. Good absinthe, then good glass :cheers:

I thought that looked familiar. :)

You might like to switch to whisky tumblers, or water glasses. So to avoid the booze leaching any funky things out of the plastic. Stemmed water glasses work best, because they are the original absinthe glass.

An antique glass from France which found its way to a new loving home. Sadly, the glass is a little "sick," (cloudy white deposits that can't be removed) but she's still lovely and will now be used for what she was intended, once again.

etchedyvonneSMALL.jpg

Yes indeed Mr. Imp. There's an amazing guy named Kim Carlisle here in the States who is considered one of the best in the world at this. He saved a few beautiful pieces for me. This glass is much more delicate than the average bistro style absinthe glass, but I'm going to risk it anyway...He has seen photos, and feels it can be saved.

He's removed deposits that nothing I threw at it could, including acid soaks, pumice, guilt, threats of violence, etc...

thats an awesome glass Ron. This is my fav. its big, thick and fits my hand perfectly

Picture0207122223_1.jpg

Im waiting for someone to say "thats what she said"

Edited by Songcatcher

I'm still using red wine glasses, but new ones are on my short list!

I've got an antique purple glass wine goblet thingie which has a hefty measurement line on it that I bust out when I want a slightly stiffer glass of absinthe.