Here's another gem from Marc T.

Posted Image

#122 techdiver

techdiver

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

Nice! You certainly seem to have acquired quite a collection. It's a good thing I have been unable to tread down that path having literally no room to put them. I have enough trouble trying to figure out where to put bottles.

#123 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

I'd imagine sbmac has the largest private US collection of antique absinthe gear.
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#124 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

On this forum, perhaps, but...

Anyway, that's another beauty, that's for sure!

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#125 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

The person (or people) you're referring to must not like to post pictures publicly.
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#126 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,903 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Many people don't post pics of a lot of their stuff. Me? I prefer to spend my money on the drink. I picked up just enough antiques to have enough for a couple of people to have an authentic, pre-ban experience, but that's it.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#127 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

It would appear that my attempts to get someone with a large collection to post pics have been sufficiently thwarted. Probably before they ever had a chance to see the bait. :tongue:

Edited by Phoenix, 28 September 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#128 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Try again, but this time ask for the home alarm deactivation code.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#129 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

The person (or people) you're referring to must not like to post pictures publicly.

Oh, I don't know, seems like Oxy's posted plenty of pics...on his own fora, anyway. :)

#130 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

He doesn't live in the US. ;)

#131 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Who knows where that mysterious gentleman keeps additional clandestine residences?

Hell, he could even have multi-citizenships, for all we know.

The Oxy works in mysterious ways. :devil:

#132 thegreenimp

thegreenimp

Obsessed Herbsaint Collector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'd imagine sbmac has the largest private US collection of antique absinthe gear.

Not even close..........I've seen a couple of people that have quite a lot of absinthe gear in the Southern USA.
At the close of the day drink an Herbsaint Frappé,...Legendre Herbsaint, always served when absinthe is called for.
The History of Legendre Herbsaint

#133 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,903 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

The gents in Nola literally have an estate-sized home entirely filled with antique absinthania, including a replica of the bar at the Old Absinthe House on the top floor. Probably north of 10,000 items. So much stuff that their dupes are what predominantly make up the Nola Absinthe Museum. We have pics of their place floating around somewhere.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#134 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

What I have only takes up two shelves in my cabinet. It looks bigger than it is.
I post because these things need to be celebrated, and what better place to do it than WS!
There is a strange effect on my bank account; with each new piece, it gets much smaller, quite quickly.
I need to slow down for a while! My home IS wired like fort Knox, in multiple fashions. Also 2 dogs,
2 neighbors who are gun-toting Marines, and a 3rd degree black belt lives here. If someone wants this stuff THAT badly, to brave all THAT, then let 'em try. The resulting hospital bill/funeral home fees would be much higher than the value of the modest collection I've put together. I would of course prefer sharing a glass or two of absinthe with said person!

:devil:

#135 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

My wife has a dog. Kind of cute actually. I have a few old glasses that I really enjoy thanks to several folks on this board.

I agree about celebrating the neat things. :thumbup:

Back in the day and even in some houses I visit now, there always seems to be a gun rack over the fireplace or a gun cabinet in a room. I did all that once but I realized one day that all I was doing was advertising what I had for the taking. I like my stuff and would donate or give it if asked politely but I sure don't want the violated feeling you get when your house is vandalized. Granted, there are few snatch and grab thieves looking for glassware.......I don't think.

Like I tell my neighbor, what's mine is theirs. I have wonderful neighbors. We celebrate with cool adult beverages fairly often. They prefer wine and /or Bud Lite. We get along great. We are blessed with some awesome neighbors. Oh, the awesome neighbor thing is contagious. It spreads throughout the hood and it's nice to come home. Real nice.

Sorry about the slight derailment but it seemed like a good spot for it. Must be the quality booze. Thanks Gwydion and Marc. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#136 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Derail on!

We have a fat cocker spaniel, two semi-feral cats, too many old glasses and a few rifles and shotguns and such. The glasses are in the cupboard and the firearms are screwed to the walls. In our neck of the woods locks keep honest people honest. If someone wants to take something all they have to do is break a window. We'd find out when we got home.

back to showing cool stuff off! :wave2:
I am the wood nymph.

#137 thegreenimp

thegreenimp

Obsessed Herbsaint Collector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

It doesn't matter in the long run, you'll never see a Brinks truck following a hearse.
At the close of the day drink an Herbsaint Frappé,...Legendre Herbsaint, always served when absinthe is called for.
The History of Legendre Herbsaint

#138 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

The strange thing is I live in artistic town, and live here building guitars, hanging out with poets, writers and musicians on a regular basis...yet on my block, I'm surrounded on all sides by ultra-conservative people either cops or military, who think I'm a nice enough guy, but weird. I suppose they are correct. Don't get me wrong they're all good people, but I guess we see through different filters. Mine has been a light shade of peridot lately perhaps.

Walking a quiet walk, trying to see more deeply into things, enjoying a quiet night with friends drinking absinthe and talking about sooo many cool things. Trying to make everyone's life just a little better by listening, and when appropriate, saying or doing something to help. This makes me odd man out on my block! Viva Long Island Baby!

The gracefulness and beauty of these antiques for me, really helps the slowing of time, the centering, and the relaxing that is so hard (and crucial) to do in my world. Plus side of 50 in 20 minutes....

Cheers WSers! Looking forward to meeting mant of you on the 16th!

#139 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

Ain't we a fun bunch. Like Mr. Imp said......not many brinks trucks following a hearse.

And I agree with Jules....if I get home and it's gone...we still have our health. It's happened more than once.

I'd show pix of my Tupperware but I think there is little interest in them. :laugh:

Back to the good pictures of old stuff glasses. Thought it might need clarification. ;)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#140 Bob Tessier

Bob Tessier

WS token Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

Sorry to continue the derail for a moment, but the mention of gun racks brought back memories big time. There was a time in Canada when such things existed on our walls, and the rack in the pickup truck. I have several handgun marksmanship awards hanging in my den, and my favorite gun was my Smith & Wesson Model 28.

So many memories .... now, back to our regularly scheduled programming!
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

#141 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

It doesn't matter in the long run, you'll never see a Brinks truck following a hearse.

True dat.... Perhaps that's why I'm broke. Absinthe, guitars, mountain bikes, and blowing your bucks to make your kids happy and safe don't happen when you ain't breathing air.

#142 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Happy camper. I couldn't stop myself.

Posted Image

#143 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

Nice glass Scott, too bad you don't have a pitcher to go with it :devil:

#144 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,246 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

Nice glass

Holy ouraline, Nice understatement! :thumbup:

#145 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks guys...What's that you say Rob?

Posted Image

#146 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

I stand corrected, should've known better :tongue:

#147 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,246 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

:worshippy:

#148 anonymous green peony

anonymous green peony

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

Lovely, lovely things sbmac! Thanks for sharing! It must be such a pleasure to use them with your favourite absinthe! Nice photos too!! :thumbup:

#149 Marc

Marc

absintheoriginals.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

A very rare and sturdy glass indeed!

#150 kaseijin

kaseijin

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:07 PM