Sign in to follow this  
1SubSailor

The flying monkeys just called ...

I hate to start another topic so quickly but I'm freaking out right now! I just got a call from :censor1: , she was asking me the value of my package and what were the spoons made of that are in the package???? See, my order from Markus was shipped in two different packages, one contained six bottles and the other contained my six glasses, three spoons and two bottles of Swiss Le Bleu!!! This is the one they are questioning me on, very strange as I have never had :censor2: call me in reference to a package. What do you guys think is happening??? :shock:

Strange. Why should they care what the spoons are made out of?

This is the second time I've heard of them calling someone and asking strange questions.

An answer to why would be very interesting as well.

I'm not sure why they would be concerned what they were made out of but she did say something about needing to know the value of said package so they can get it processed through customs and on to me. I hope that when I open my box that there are still two bottles of Swiss Le Bleu in there!

First: breathe.

Second: Don't worry, you're not going to jail. Worst case scenario is that they take the booze and ship it back to Markus, who will try again.

Threed: No company names or shipping details please.

Also, what did you tell her?

Also, what did you tell her?

Precisely what I was wondering.

I wouldn't worry. hiram is correct, as usual. Markus will just reship the thing. We have never seen it to be illegal to buy it.

Again, see Hirams all-important Step One, and :)

One of the packages I received had "antique" appended. I suspect they just want to double check the value of the items to make sure no additional customs fee (tax) is required. Besides, if the spoons are made of "precious" metals, the value on the customs form may seem too low to the customs agent or the shipping rep (hence statement #1)...

Ok, I'm breathing now! ha ha. Sorry, didn't realize I couldn't name the shipping company, opps. Anyway, I told her that they were just stamped metal spoons worth about $10 ea. She gave me a tracking number and said they should clear through customs and be to me by tomorrow(today now). I checked the tracking this morning and they are here in my city to be delivered today. I hope that everything is still in the box. It was a very odd phone call though, had me a bit worried. I'll let ya'll know what happens. Thanks!!

All righty then, just talked to my better half. The package has arrived safe & sound and all contents are accounted for! Thanks for the advice and help. :cheers:

Yes, didn't we tell you that there was a "Consoling Fee" for the forum chargeable in absinthe? You need to read that fine print, man! :P

Seriously, glad to hear that everything turned out alright. Enjoy!

Hey man, you guys(& Gals) are welcome at my house anytime! As a matter of fact I do believe that 1 or 2 people from this forum and my area will be stopping by for a toddy or two next weekend!! :cheers:

I hate to start another topic so quickly but I'm freaking out right now!  I just got a call from :censor1: , she was asking me the value of my package and what were the spoons made of that are in the package????  See, my order from Markus was shipped in two different packages, one contained six bottles and the other contained my six glasses, three spoons and two bottles of Swiss Le Bleu!!!  This is the one they are questioning me on, very strange as I have never had :censor2: call me in reference to a package.  What do you guys think is happening??? :shock:

In reference to the package containing the six glasses, three spoons and two bottles of SLB; I just got a bill from customs for $30.50. Seems it was insured for 432 Euro's and they charged me duty on that amount.

They were probably just charging duty on the glasses and spoons. Absinthe gets in duty free.

Check the paperwork. I would guess that the it refers to customs duties on glasses and/or glassware.

Yeah it was duty on the glasses and spoons but they charged me $30 duty on $60 worth of glasses(spoons were a gift). Guess I have to pay it but if kind of "chaps the ole buttocks".

This is very interesting. I recieved a bill from________for duty and advancement fees. I have never recieved these when I ordered from LDF or Alandia.First time I used this distributor(Hiram, let me know if it is ok to use names so it makes more sense). Any ideas on why this is? 1Sub..pm me and let me know what dis. you used if you don't mind. By the way, I was charged duties for signal/optical equipment.

It's okay to mention distributors/vendors by name (LDF, Frenchman, Aladia) that's why I have a vendors page. It's not okay to mention couriers by name (FedEx, UPS, etc.) or talk about packaging/labeling details, methods, etc.

Thanks Hiram. It was absinthe-distribution. Is this who you ordered from 1Sub?

Oh wait..I just read your post at the top of the page...it was. Ok, so do LdF et all include these fees with the couriers?

Plunger,

I called the courier company and found out why I was charged $30 duty on $60 worth of merchandise, it was because on the label it was insured for 432 Euros! Oh well, I'll just have to pay it and forget it.