Ron

Legendre Herbsaint is back?!

A little birdie told me shipping should be on Monday.

:yahoo:

Seconded!

Spec's in Downtown Houston tomorrow.

The rest of Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi on the 16th.

Notification of shipping from DUNY :yahoo:

What is the proper way to drink Herbsaint? Do you prepare it as you would an Absinthe? I know if its use in cocktails, but do you drink it like Pastis or Absinthe?

Notification of shipping from DUNY :yahoo:

Got mine this AM, along with those 4 bottles of gin I either never had a chance to try or buy: Voyager, Ransom, Bols, and Boomsma.

According to tracking, mine should arrive Monday. Along with some Obsello, & a bottle of Xtabentun I decided I had to try. :biggrin:

(drosstogold, I expect my next purchase to be placed with you; I also need to try some of that WW or MoL! ) :cheers:

Edited by sardonix

(drosstogold, I expect my next purchase to be placed with you; I also need to try some of that WW or MoL! ) :cheers:

Yes! Much appreciate your good intentions! :cheers:

Mine arrived Friday. I ordered a second as well as two bottles of Sazerac rye to go with it.

Bitters being sent seperately...no one stocks them around here!

Ugh...how long should it take to make a simple cocktail? :tongue:

Just got mine today. Looks a nice feuille morte. The nose neat communicates the same with all the herbs seemingly muted with age, like a Pre-ban. The louce is slow, determined, finishing out with the olive turning to a custardy green at around 1:3. Color post louche is perfect for me. I stopped here to taste, and unless I change my mind later after loucheing further, I'd say 1:3 is a good starting point. Very nice, indeed.

I taste hints of a little star, but if it's here it plays in so nicely and really gives a nice quality to something that does feel "Aged". Everything in this absinthe says "AGE", with things in layers on top of each other, but melding together to communicate time. It's not a upfront, spicey fresh absinthe like Meadow of Love, which I do love, but is an absinthe that in my opinion, hikes up its skirt, shoots the finger, and give folks a taste of an absinthe with a little kick left in her soul. I can't wait to get it locally.

Edited by elfnmagik

Glad you likey. And to think I'm durnk as piss and can still se through a lense.

I'm coming to ya'll dammit, if it's the last thing I do. gots Trouts to catch!

I'm thinkin' this Herbie is got some kick!

Everything in this absinthe substitute says "AGE", with things in layers on top of each other, but melding together to communicate time. It's not a upfront, spicey fresh absinthe substitute like Meadow of Love, which I do love, but is an absinthe that in my opinion, hikes up its skirt, shoots the finger, and give folks a taste of an absinthe substitute with a little kick left in her soul. I can't wait to get it locally.

There, fixed 'er for ya. ;)

And what Joe said. :cheers:

From what I remember of my 1940 Herbsaint mini - this new Original tastes EXACTLY the same. Wow. I don't know how they did it...

Very simple, they used Marion Legendre's original recipe, That, and the people at Sazerac are very good at what they produce.

Also and this is a very big one, Kevin Richards made sure everything was done right.

Sazerac put an amazing amount of work in reviving Herbsaint as it was back in the day, they really deserve a lot of support for their effort. :groupwave reversed:

Spec's in Austin, I am told (by their Liquor manager), will not carry the new old Herbsaint on it's shelves. They do, however, have it on their online site for purchase and shipment to TX, and the local store has offered to special deliver two bottles to them with my name on it. :thumbup:

A package from DUNY showed up at my house today! I'm glad it contained a couple bottles of Legendre Herbsaint. Very Nice!