Sign in to follow this  
Retrogarde

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century: 1910

league1910.jpg

Issue #1 © 2009, Top Shelf Productions. Written by Alan Moore and drawn by Kevin O'Neill.

Given the heavily researched nature of LoEG, I wish they had used an actual brand instead of "Green Fairy", but the image is just a nice throwaway reference so whatever. At least there's no flaming sugar cube. The character preparing the absinthe is Orlando, currently in his male phase.

I know one extraordinary gentleman in a league by himself. Will there be more pictures of the previous time travel experiment? Or are you saving them all up for a big coffee table book?

:cheers:

:blush:

You make me blush Dakini! I'm workin' on it, but my photographer "friend" is being a bit of a schmuck.

Is LOEG a decent comic series? I've been trying for years to get into one, but just can't seem to find one.

PT: yes, it is a very good series. If I had one complaint it would be that it is almost too smart for its own good. There is a companion volume for each series explaining (panel by panel) all the references to Victorian literature. It can be a little exhausting, and I don't particularly enjoy feeling like I'm "missing the joke".

But skip the movie entirely. It's a wasteland of foolishness.

Baubel: I never did get in to that show, but it in no way surprises me that you knew about it!! :cheers:

Actually, I didn't. :twitchsmile:

It was a personal joke that my brother and I had going a few years ago. Kind of sounds like the name of a dating website now though...

Wait, you didn't know there was a BritCom called League of Ordinary Gentlemen? And yes, it does sound like a dating service. Kind of like Mad TV's "Lowered Expectations".

Only three volumes. The first two are sequential; the third... not so much. The newest entry is being released in three parts, each bound like a graphic novel. It's set in three different decades so it kind of envelopes the third volume in it's chronology. Sigh, I'm not explaining this very well. Just pick up the first one and see what you think! I'd gladly send you the back issues if I still had them, but they seem to have gone away soon after I bought the hardcover...