Sign in to follow this  
DarkAbsinthe

Absinthe Aderglass

Hmm, that’s a new on to me. But I frequented Markus’ webshop for many years when I lived in Germany. I’m just guessing here, but at 57 € per liter I might put it on par with François Guy. I have however no basis of comparison other than price.

Edit: Perhaps Duplais as well.

Probably closer to Duplais-quality. I don't think FG exceeds any of Matter's products (er, with the exception of Marteau), which have only gotten better over time. Any new Matter product is worth trying, so I may just order a bottle of this.

The babelfish translation of the description:

"Bleeding Absinthe becomes with proverbial Swiss precision and care after a French prescription from that 19. Century manufactured. For production only the high-quality herbs are used. Distillation on old fuel ports ensures a highest possible authenticity. Thus it is guaranteed that the balanced flavour corresponds to the historical collecting mains. Faithfully the original prescription bleeding Absinthe without the addition is manufactured of artificial coloring materials. By the natural Koloration with herbs suspended matter of the herbs at the bottle ground can set off with storage. Store please protected from light! Bleeding Absinthe is available with many bleeding dealers, in the liquor specialized trade and in well sorted Absinth Onlineshops. Larva in Switzerland Bleeding Absinthe is manufactured under license by olive matte AG in Kallnach (Switzerland). The traditional company prepared already in the fourth generation according to traditional method noble liquor to and is meanwhile on authentic Absinthe from that 19. Century specializes. " We risk everything, which finest liquor herzustellen" - at this principle of Ernst Luginbühl Bögli since the foundation of a firm in the year 1920 nothing changed, several international honors are the proof for this claim of quality."

"Bleeding" Absinthe that uses red lettering, and is 66% alcohol? Sounds like Mansinthe's son. ;)

Google translated it as "bloodletting." Sounds ridiculous, and not at all like something most people would want to drink. It might taste fantastic, but product name choice is definitely a huge decision and should be approached with a bit of caution. Would you eat Mass-murderer Beans? Disembowelment noodles? I dunno. Let me know what you think of it Ben. The google translation didn't make it sound very great. Interesting to note that Google translated Schnapps to be "brandy." I think it's great when you read it in the original context, where they strived to make the finest schnapps.

Now in the scene-Catering

Absinthe is bleeding with the proverbial Swiss precision and care after a French recipe from the 19th Century. For the production of only the highest quality herbs are used. Distillation on old flame ports ensure maximum authenticity. This will ensure that the balanced flavor corresponds to the historical templates.

True to the original recipe is bloodletting Absinthe without the addition of artificial coloring produced. By Koloration with natural herbs can be suspended during the storage of herbs on the bottom off. Please light store!

Absinthe is bloodletting bloodletting at many dealers, the liquor stores and in well-stocked absinthe available online.

Made in Switzerland

Absinthe bloodletting is licensed by Oliver Matter Kallnach AG (Switzerland) production. The tradition is already in the fourth generation after traditional method noble spirits, and is now on authentic Absinthe from the 19th Century specializes.

"We shall do their utmost to produce the finest brandy" - this principle of Ernst Luginbühl-Bögli has changed since its founding in 1920, nothing changed, several international awards are the evidence of this quality.

That's not all that unusual. I've seen wines with violent or bloody names before.

I've never had anything from the Matter distillery that I dislike. A few that didn't impress me, but overall I enjoy their output. They do have a tendency to release "edgy" stuff, such as Mansinthe and Brevans.

Well, you're probably right. And like I said, it may actually be a good absinthe! From the description, it sounds like it's distilled with high quality ingredients (hopefully the right ones) and naturally colored with herbs (ditto). So it has the possibility of being head and shoulders above some brands out there. And I suppose if you don't focus on the translation, or even the bottle, the contents could actually be pretty promising.

And just because there are crazy names for wines, that doesn't mean it's kosher. I mean, there are some truly garbage wines out there! :poop:

Matter doesn't use crap ingredients or artificial colouring. There is an old debate about them possibly using something to prevent colour fading, but it is clear from the flavour they use colouring herbs, sometimes an abundance of them.

Other absinthes of theirs include the Duplais absinthes, the Brevans ones, Mansinthe, Brut d'alambic, Twin Tec, Kallnacher, the first Marteau release, etc. Duplais Balance and Brevans are among my modern absinthes.

Short version: Matter's legit. I don't know how this absinthe is, and not all of theirs are winners, but they're not making fauxsinthe or oil mixes.

Sweet. I may let another WS member try it out first and give a review, but it sounds like it could be good. I've got a bottle of the Duplais Verte and just ordered a bottle of the Marteau Classique.

Would you eat Mass-murderer Beans? Disembowelment noodles?

As a matter of fact, yes.

I had a HG called Whappo! that wasn't bad back in the Day, nor was Double-Super Whappo! The "O" was a skull&crossbones with x's for eyes. I'm sure the TTB would love that one.

Drunk Jock Doppelbock, Passed Out Imperial Stout, Pilsener Schmilsener, the possibilities are endless.

Haha.

Jones soda had some really great flavors for limited times and events. They had a Seahawks 6-pack that had flavors such as sweat, dirt, field turf, etc. It was pretty rad.

Which considering you're aversion to black nail polish, Ron, might turn you off further.

Hahaha. Touché! You know what's funny about that? I was staring at the polish on your fingernails before I even read the comment. Well played! Honestly, it's not a huge deal for me. I just made an off handed comment that seems to have struck a huge chord!

Now, the real question is whether or not I'll look best in the Wrinkle Mini Tartan in red, or the Flight Kilt in black denim.

Coming soon: Hot Topic Absinthe.

GAPsinthe™

Would it have to stop at clothing stores? What about stylish and low cost furniture stores?

Ikeasinthe™

Meh don't worry about it, I'm kidding around as well... and I haven't worn nail polish in over 8 months. Hey Peridot, what happened to Nergal?

It's kind of a long story. I just hope he comes back.

Ben!

Yep, tis me! What's been up with you? I think your description was probably more legible than the Babelfish version (though not as chuckle-worthy, ha ha...).

Banana-flavoured Republicsinthe... ;)

Yeah, I've not been impressed with Babelfish in comparison to Google. I do get a kick out of some of the errors they both display though. Translation is an art!

Fütlochersinthe™(?)

I've been a longtime black nailpolish wearer, altho I lay off for work related reasons(so you can see that I don't have crap under my fingernails). Whilst I am not averse to corsets, nuns habits and a lil' Slap and Tickle once in awhile I must here distance myself from Goth culture in general. I mean have any of you SEEN what has become of Robert Smith? Or the Sisters of Mercy? Yeesh. Not on your side Time is.

Hey, the 80's was a great time to be a crying junkie in a vampire costume, but we all have to grow up sometime.. :laugh:

...I must here distance myself from Goth culture in general...

The mortal sin 'Hypocrisy' called, buddhasynth -- he wants his avatar back.

:devil:

I don't consider myself involved with goth culture at all, but I love Nosferatu and love that avatar.

I don't consider myself involved with goth culture at all, but I love Nosferatu and love that avatar.

Well played, sir.

There was a hilarious scene at the Missoula DMV a few years back involving the dreaded black nail polish, but this thread is already so far off track... :laugh:

I resemble that Remarque.

Note to self: Get your nose out of All Quiet on the Western Front and concentrate on your typing.