Photo

How do you define a high quality absinthe ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 EdouardPerneau

EdouardPerneau

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

What is you definition of high quality absinthe sound simple but perhaps it's not :

what are the difference between mid-quality and an high quality ?
Si tu veux t’aventurer dans la recherche sur l’absinthe c’est triste mais c’est en français que ça se passe .

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

Bubbles.
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#3 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

We're still trying to define what absinthe is.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#4 EdouardPerneau

EdouardPerneau

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

so no clue between and high and a poor quality ...
Si tu veux t’aventurer dans la recherche sur l’absinthe c’est triste mais c’est en français que ça se passe .

#5 EdouardPerneau

EdouardPerneau

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

so let drink all hill's

#6 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

Whatever one awaits will be deleted sooner or later. I have had lotsa fun in the previous thread, I am sure the CUS will provide us with more fun in here (I must remember that post by heart, who knows how long it will be visible :thumbdown: )
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#7 EdouardPerneau

EdouardPerneau

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

BTW Boggy, how do you like censorship?

#8 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

My parents know it very well from back in a day. I have not had that "displeasure" till now.
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Whatever one awaits will be deleted sooner or later. I have had lotsa fun in the previous thread, I am sure the CUS will provide us with more fun in here (I must remember that post by heart, who knows how long it will be visible :thumbdown: )

BTW Boggy, how do you like censorship?

What got censored? Do you both mean this?
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#10 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

It has been moved and I have been made an author thereof although I haven't started that particular thread what I am talking about in here

#11 EdouardPerneau

EdouardPerneau

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

yes nevermind

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

I figured that was it. To move the conversation right in the middle of it like that did seem a bit strange.

#13 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

Strange? Not at all. We split topics all the time to keep threads on topic. I first checked to see if anyone was replying, which they werent, then moved it.

Boggy you've accused me of censoring you about a dozen times now. All of which have been false. I'd appreciate it if you stopped.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#14 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

Censoring, moving, call you as you wish. It is an infringement upon the freedom of expressing my opinion as an registered forumite.

Some people were replying-you could wait or at least inform the most interested about the action to be taken. If I weren't polite, finding that my posts are gone, I would just leave and prolly not return or provide some warm thoughts you might not want to hear, but I have kept distance and stayed.

To move the conversation right in the middle of it like that did seem a bit strange

Indeed and so it seemed.

#15 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Censoring, moving, call you as you wish. It is an infringement upon the freedom of expressing my opinion as an registered forumite.

Um, censoring and moving posts in order to maintain a certain level of clarity in thread titles aren't anywhere near the same thing. How exactly did I impinge upon your freedom to express your opinion by relocating to a more specific thread?

You might want to consider that one of the reasons we split threads is because some people skip over titles they don't deem interesting. By splitting topics, it makes people aware of new discussions that have come up.

Or, instead, you can come to the conclusion that I'm a coniving little skeeve whose only wish in life is to move your posts around just to annoy you.

Some people were replying-you could wait or at least inform the most interested about the action to be taken.

As I mentioned, I checked to see if people were replying, and the system showed that no one was. PTFA. And I made a note in the subtitle to show exactly where the thread came from. PTFAx2.

If I weren't polite, finding that my posts are gone

Um, your posts aren't gone.

provide some warm thoughts you might not want to hear

Please, go right on ahead. Tell me how I'm evil for splitting threads to maintain continuity. I'd love to hear your opinion.

To move the conversation right in the middle of it like that did seem a bit strange

Indeed and so it seemed.

As mentioned above, I did it so as to bring as many people into the discussion as possible. I thought it was as good a time as any. Do you think there is a nefarious reason for my timing? I mean, it seems to me that I was winning the argument about the perla anyway.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#16 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

Pointless thread.

Boggy, knock it off.

If I weren't polite, finding that my posts are gone, I would just leave and prolly not return...

You say that like its a bad thing.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association