Gil

The bar has been raised !!!!

A friend on this forum sent me three 1 oz. samples to try.

Now this is what I call proper sample bottles !!!!! :thumbup:

cid0516092156.jpg

You Rock Girl !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Haha!

Yea well, she received some kickass Gin to try ON TOP of the absinthe that was agreed upon! (along with a nice note and a recipe for that Gin)

She's one happy girl!

:thumbup:

Gypsy --- Now that your name is out there ---Take a bow !!!!

You did one fantastic job. :thumbup:

I think all these absinthe makers should hire you to supply them with sample bottles !!! :laugh:

I can't wait to try them all !!!! even the L.O.L. :pirate:

Not to be a killjoy, but it's normally not smart to speak of samples being 'sent' to people, since sending alcohol in the mail without proper license is illegal.

Now, if instead you were to have met up with someone and they handed you some samples, that would be a different story.

Awesome labels though :cheers:

Nicely-done :thumbup: . In case the package might be opened, the usage of certain codes instead of labels is advised. Yet, as it is within the country, such a problem should be minimal.

Well, what's done is done.

It's all good. I'm suspecting Gil meant it was sent via bike messenger anyway. :cheers:

Bingo !!!! Actually her brother dropped off the samples along with a nice fruit basket --- I'm still trying to figure out how to use my channel knife on the coconut --- :laugh:

Actually her brother dropped off the samples along with a nice fruit basket...

Poofter, eh?

Um, how did you get the metallic effect, Gypsy? Or are they taken from photos of bottles?

Poofter, eh?

:laugh: I hope not !!!!! Should I return the coconut just in case?

I'll leave it to Gypsy to describe how she did it, but I am looking at the bottles as I type. The labels are as good as the real thing. Both the materials and the artistic appeal are very sharp. One would think they were professionally prepared samples from the maker. :thumbup:

Actually her brother dropped off the samples along with a nice fruit basket...

Poofter, eh?

Um, how did you get the metallic effect, Gypsy? Or are they taken from photos of bottles?

Ah, well, see I have all the resources to create labels that look like the real thing. I work as a graphic designer for an organic bath products company and often we are making mock ups to present to potential clients.

These were easy. I just found the absolute largest resolution image of each label I could find on the internet, color corrected, cropped and sized them. I printed them on ink jet compatible vinyl label paper (from papilio...some of the best out there if you want a resource), laminated them with glossy overlay material and cut them out.

Nothing special really. I think what you see as metallic is the printer's rendition of the silver (gray in actuality) with the camera picking up the reflections of the gloss overlay.

...and Gil. Beware of that coconut milk, eh? :harhar:

Nicely-done :thumbup: . In case the package might be opened, the usage of certain codes instead of labels is advised. ...

Yes! Just make sure to send the encryption booklet seperately. :cheers:

Wow, that's amazing. I am thoroughly impressed!

And Ben, I still giggle every time I look at the (what was it? Koruna?) bottle filled with Angelique Verte Suisse. At least you redeemed the bottle by replacing the original contents with something less... swilly!

Not to be a killjoy, but it's normally not smart to speak of samples being 'sent' to people, since sending alcohol in the mail without proper license is illegal.

I thought that was just USPS...aren't the other monkeys less picky? ...or is it not up to the monkeys?

Also...well done on the labels. Nice touch :cheers:

The butler did it.

I have never sent nor been sent samples of any kind of alcohol.

Some have arrived at my residence for reasons that I have been completely unaware of. Must be all the spammers out there. :twitchsmile:

Hi all, just FYI, all of the shipping services forbid the shipping of alcohol unless you have a contract with them to permit it and you follow their rules. They're fairly sensitive about it, given various government entities' attempts to regulate the shipment of alcohol (requiring ID to receive, some states not allowing it, etc.). Of course this doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but none of them would guarantee the package or reimburse for damage/loss, etc., and they might get pretty upset if they found out.

For a long time, Fedex was the only option for legitimate spirits shipping - UPS and the others wouldn't even touch it (they were only allowing wine shipping), and there are lots of rules with them. One of the many areas a little distillery gets to learn about. :twitchsmile:

Mitch Hedberg said he liked the Fedex guy because he's a drug dealer and don't even know it.

Maybe we should drop this subject altogether, as a certain favourite overseas vendor to many of our WS members uses USPS, which is illegal. ;) Though I can name at least three others that do the same thing...

It is probably best not call it (publicly) when someone brings attention to sending alcohol through the mail. :)