minott

Le Tourment Vert

Ben -

I contacted Absintheology earlier today to request these changes. Hopefully these statements will disappear soon.

"Inspired By" is a good idea.

Thanks.

Minott

I'd be happy to see LTV drop Absinthology alltogether.

I don't believe that is fair on Paul. Especially since Minott is asking for those changes. Some here may not like Paul's style or sense of humour, but that's not really relevant. With a good brief, Paul can do a good job.

Pipe dreams, possibly.

What are you smoking? :devil:

With a good brief, Paul can do a good job.

Maybe we've each been reading a different 'Paul Nathan Q&A' thread. ;) He seems unapologetically stubborn in his wishes to continue to promote misinformation. Given the fact that people here at the WS have been trying to discuss this with him for several years without avail, it seems like he's more unwilling to change than the producers.

Yes, it's the same Paul, and the same thread.

Working on some of those up dates this week. A lot on the plate now. You will be seeing a lot of changes in the site over the coming month or two.

I guess the problem here is that you choose to believe Paul's lip service, but not the producers who seem to be the same exact thing. Why believe one over the other?

It only took years to get him to change what we want producers to change in weeks if not days.

But it still seems as though he will use the fire ritual and huffing as part of his 'act'. No?

edit: Just noticed that this is post #quadruple six!

I guess the problem here is that you choose to believe Paul's lip service, but not the producers who seem to be the same exact thing. Why believe one over the other?

It only took years to get him to change what we want producers to change in weeks if not days.

But it still seems as though he will use the fire ritual and huffing as part of his 'act'. No?

Credit due to both Paul AND Minott. Paul said he'd make changes; Minott asked for changes. And the Tourment page on Absinthology has now changed. The thujone references have disappeared.

I don't know who said what to Paul in the past and when they said it. However Paul has only been here for a few weeks. Good to note that when we make specific comments, changes get made. Maybe that's a valuable lesson for us all: it is easier to respond to specific comments than to general ones.

It also shows these debates are working. :cheers:

I have no idea about Paul's 'act.'

And the Tourment page on Absinthology has now changed. The thujone references have disappeared.
:thumbup: :cheers: :thumbup:

I don't know who said what to Paul in the past and when they said it. However Paul has only been here for a few weeks.
Apparently he and Gwydion have been talking about the same stuff that's in the Q&A thread for several years.

Good to note that when we make specific comments, changes get made. Maybe that's a valuable lesson for us all: it is easier to respond to specific comments than to general ones.

Strange how civilized discussion as opposed to nasty attacks and vitriol actually creates results, aint it? ;) And no Alan, that wasn't directed at you.

The WS is a site where everyone from newbies to "experts" come to learn. Once the facts are supplied, if an "expert" still chooses to ignore it and continues to promote misinformation, they obviously don't want to change their practices. Give them a reasonable amount of time to make changes. After that, have at it.

Cool idea, but a lot of the same ol' rhetoric.

Absinthe works well in cocktails. Obsello, which is the same proof and Kübler, which is 53% isn't far away. The argument that absinthe is too strong to use in cocktails can't be used with those two brands at least.

I AM glad that there was no thujone talk though. Props for that.

"It’s owners... I think it’s sweetness... but likely not fans of its intense profile."

If the guy considers himself a blogger, he should at least have the decency to use correct punctuation consistently, fer cryin' out loud. :rolleyes:

This article is one of many our "friend" absinthe_drinker seems to be promoting on Twitter. He completely ignores my suggestions to read what he posts first. Bah, can't win 'em all...

I think it’s sweetness and artificial blue color would turn off absinthe purists who love the drip ritual, but it seems Vert had made a conscious decision not to court those drinkers

I second that.

Using a full ounce of LTV in cocktails (because they reason it has a lower alcohol content...) makes them sell more and therefore make more money.

Times are tough since the Texas changed the law. When i get down to Austin later this month a chain store called Specs supposedly has Absinthe Pernod, Kübler, Mata Hari, StGeorge and Versinthe in addition to Lucid & Tourment.

Kübler 53 and Lucid i have.....wondering what might be worth a try.

And I'm still debating weather I should eat some of my cat's canned food since I wanna make a sandwich but don't have any tuna.

:laf:

Ooo, arak! If you dig, buy some, Pig!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the TX home delivery thing. I also recommend a good arak over LTV any day. St. Greorge isn't bad if you MUST have an absinthe and you can deal with the weird (but well balanced and rounded out by the brandy base) ingredients.

Now here's a bit of oddness:

As I was picking up a bottle of cognac from a package store in Princeton, IN today, I had to ask about absinthe (of course). The fellow behind the counter (bless his heart) was 100% cretin. Still, he showed me their offerings and remarked about the Lucid, "I don't thank this one is real." I assured him it was legit. I pointed out it was much better than the Grande Apeshit and the LTV. Sez he, "Huh, I thought this one (LTV) was the best. So you really like this stuff?"

What's odd? This guy didn't know anything more about absinthe than your usual slope-browed, Lite beer drinker but he was sure the LTV was gooder (sic) and the Lucid wasn't real. Why would he think that? Why would he think not only that LTV was good and Lucid bad but also amazed that absinthe is actually enjoyed by anyone? And that my friends is why we should encourage in the strongest possible words, truth in absinthe advertising.

This guy didn't know anything more about absinthe than your usual slope-browed, Lite beer drinker but he was sure the LTV was gooder (sic) and the Lucid wasn't real. Why would he think that? Why would he think not only that LTV was good and Lucid bad but also amazed that absinthe is actually enjoyed by anyone?

Well, based on what I hear in the liquor stores and bars I visit, I'd guess that that's what the reps are told to say.