I've recently discovered that some Italians refer to sauce as gravy. S'funny.

Been to Fremantle/Perth, Albany, and Sydney - not that it makes any difference.

Perhaps you've never heard of a chocolate sauce being referred to as a gravy --- It's an OLD southern US desert dish. Homemade buttermilk biscuits --- With Chocolate pour-over. The chocolate sauce (or gravy as many call it) Is a simple mixture of coco powder, milk, flour, and sugar prepared stove top in a pan (low heat) as you would white or milk gravy. It's very sweet and delicious over fresh hot biscuits.

That sounds very sickening... Got the recipe? :laugh:

My Girlfriend is 2nd generation Italian.. I'll ask her about it. That's very weird. But it is a relief to hear that Americans don't pour gravy, that you use on meat, on biscuits. I'm not i would like to try something like that. Or than again.. :twitchsmile:

Sausage gravy over biscuits is a Southeastern US breakfast specialty, throw in some grits on the side. That'll get you moving in the morning.

That sounds very sickening... Got the recipe? :laugh:

My Girlfriend is 2nd generation Italian.. I'll ask her about it. That's very weird. But it is a relief to hear that Americans don't pour gravy, that you use on meat, on biscuits. I'm not i would like to try something like that. Or than again.. :twitchsmile:

I have biscuits and gravy every morning for breakfast, along with eggs, hashed browns, and bacon! :laugh:

Welcome to the website!

Edited by odiedog52

Hey Bloke!

Good to see other Aussies on the site. We should tyry to get the vegemite eaters to link up here. I am in Bris-vegas and am new to the realm of Absinthe experimentation.

cheers

Gonzo

:cheers: