pt447

Absinthe information flyer/pamphlet

Hey Ron, if I may be so bold as to interject a comment or two, although I suppose you might have fixed this by now, I'd like to point out a typo in the last paragraph of the right hand side above the graphic. Also, just like you've centered the graphic word element at the top, I would center it above the graphic as well even if you have to make the graphic a teensy weensy bit smaller. Otherwise it's easy to read down instead of across for the first section and it seems like it would make a good section break. Just a couple of thoughts.

Otherwise, this is very cool looking!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Below is the newest revision of the front page with the WS seal incorporated. I'm not going to post the back page, but I did shift the "Preparation" title box to the center and corrected the typo. I also changed the grape spirits bit.

wormwood_front_seal_small.jpg

I think you have the cover page perfected. I'll be thrilled to distribute these out to Wine snd Spirit stores that I frequent.

Great job Ron. :arrr:

Hey Ron, what's your day job? It had better have something to do with graphic design or else you're wasting a fine talent.

Glad you guys like it, and thanks for the words.

Retrogarde, I wish I could tell you that I'm a designer. At one point, that was my only goal. Hell, it's what I studied at university. Sadly, life had a different path for me, so I just hone my craft as a hobby now. Thankfully, my present occupation allows me tons of free time. I just wish the location were a tad further to the West.

Ron, that is really stunning. Fantastic job!

A question about the words "Traditional" and "Modern" (as in: "Traditional and Modern Product Reviews")....

Does "Modern" refer to 21st-century absinthes? Or does it mean, specifically, "Bohemian-style" absinthes?

Similarly, does "Traditional" refer to vintage absinthes (i.e. 19th-20th century, or pre-ban), or does it refer to traditional-style absinthes (absinthes modeled on traditional recipes)?

Maybe it doesn't matter. The WS site, after all, covers everything.

Again, the page looks gorgeous. :thumbup:

Also, I'd like Gwydion to jump in to this discussion. Since this place is his baby, I want to make sure we're on the right page. One thing I'm thinking is that we should incorporate the WS seal as part of the flyer.

Sorry gang, i didn't see the thread until now.

Ron, this is just beautiful, and I personally thank you for taking the time to do it. It's something we've sorely needed for a long time. I do have some nit-picks of course, but I don't believe it's anything major.

PM'ing you. ;)

Once GStone has finished his nit-picking, perhaps we could put this as an easy download on the WS website.

Oh, and with all due credit going to Ron on the website, too. Very nice work, indeed. :clap:

It's a good idea, but unfortunatley most people don't care to be educated and you would probably find more flyers in the trash than sitting next to peoples computers. Ah. what do I know, give em hell.

I'm very impressed with the high-quality of this work, great job Ron!

I would be proud to offer these in my store to any and all folks who are absinthe-curious.

I don't think the text on the back page ever got nailed down in discussions, so it's kinda shelved right now.

Whoops! Never saw this. We'll get it started up again.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm not able to see the Content HQ anymore.