But helpful insight nonetheless. :)

Good news..Your questions will be answerd this sunday. I am going to the party source this weekend and will snag a bottle.

Sweet. I only ask because DUNY uses PP and it's awesome, but there's so many different brands on your site that could be very interesting to try--namely those german ones!

It took time (sorry), but it's now possible to order on RueVerte.com using Paypal.

Well just got back from a trip to the store to replenish my Pacifique supply and what should I see sitting on the shelf next to it?

I originally planned to snag to some rum, but I'm glad I built some flexibility into my budget since this was too intriguing to pass up.

Gonna try it a bit later, but so far it smells promising, pretty much what one would expect of a good blanche with tarragon and hibiscus added.

I'm sitting on a ton of unfinished reviews right now, but I plan to post my initial impression this evening.

Wasn't Un Emile Rouge colored with rose petals? I thought that absinthe was pretty decent. Different, but interesting and good.

In my opinion Serpis 65 is an excellent absinthe. It demonstrates that an absinthe can be red... and great... all at the same time.

I'm looking forward to trying Corsair and La Maitresse if I ever get the chance.

I believe UE Rouge was not colored with roses, but rather hibiscus (and maybe some other flowers? I don't know). I haven't tried that version, although some reviews complained it was marred a bit by acrid notes from hibiscus.

La Maitresse was the same absinthe but with a more refined recipe. I really really liked that one (only real complaint I had was the thin louche typical of the UEs, etc).

I thought the Serpis 65 was really good too and I love the bright red despite the fact it's colored with beetles.

Ok, the Corsair.

The big bold font and Reservoir Dogesque picture comprise what has to be the most macho label I've seen on a pink beverage.

The color is quite mid-pink, no leanings towards orange. A little fine sediment visible in the bottle but doses in the glass look pretty clear.

Again, aroma neat and louched smells like one would expect from a decent blanche with added tarragon and hibiscus. The tarragon is foremost of these.

A light, smooth blanche taste with a some subdued red flower/fruit notes followed by A.a. and tarragon taking over as it goes towards the finish.

Not bad at all, but the tarragon is a touch and a half too pungent and a hair too sharp/raspy. I'm thinking if it could be dialed down a notch and/or the A.a. and hibiscus brought up, it would act as a good bridge between the two, rather than trying to be the head honcho.

I definitely have to see if this one improves as it breathes.

Quick note: batch 7

Ok, the Corsair.

Again, aroma neat and louched smells like one would expect from a decent blanche with added tarragon and hibiscus. The tarragon is foremost of these.

A light, smooth blanche taste with a some subdued red flower/fruit notes followed by A.a. and tarragon taking over as it goes towards the finish.

Not bad at all, but the tarragon is a touch and a half too pungent and a hair too sharp/raspy. I'm thinking if it could be dialed down a notch and/or the A.a. and hibiscus brought up, it would act as a good bridge between the two, rather than trying to be the head honcho.

I definitely have to see if this one improves as it breathes.

Yep. That about sums it up. Except my bottle is batch 22, (bottle 50/69) and had been the last of four setting on the store's shelf for two yrs. The color before water was champagne. Louched there was no hint of red at all. Just a skim milk looking blanche. Very thick and not translucent at all. First glass was very floral, but after a couple days has mellowed and is actually quite nice at a 4/1 ratio. It's definitely an absinthe but, if they had tried to go with a verte i believe it would have been much better. Not terrible but probably not one i would buy again. Possibilities for a good product are there for sure. But, I am glad to have it while waiting for my Ridge Verte and MOL to get here. Have finished my evaluation sheet and ended with a 3.1 total score. All 3's except for finish I gave it a 4 because it does stay with you a few minutes and not in a bad way. Enjoyable but just doesn't leave you waiting for the next glass.

The place near me has a batch 4...must be mega stupid old if the 22 is 2 years old.

Should I pick it up? The guy told Christy that none of it sells, I have contemplated asking for a deal on the lot of it as they have obsello, leopold, corsair, and st. george.

(and 3 crapsinthes, but if they have to come with they have to come with)

Now that is one thick louche

Actually, I thought it looked almost a tad thin.

But maybe I was just reflecting on my recently polished off bottle of Ridge Verte. B)

Edited by Absomphe

Thanks for the info, Songcatcher.
Welcome
Should I pick it up?
Sure, Anything rated with some good reviews is worth at least one try.
Yep. What TLM said
Actually, I thought it looked almost a tad thin.But maybe I was just reflecting on my recently polished off bottle of Ridge Verte. B)
It ain't no Ridge thats for sure
I like the artwork. :)
Me too.Thats why i didnt mind shelling out $22 for a print. Plus I like to support local artists

Amy Brown is a local artist there? They've been selling her stuff at Hot Topic for the last decade...