• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sardonix

sardonix

C30H40O6 aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

While vacationing in Florida, I found one lonely bottle of Lucid on the shelf at the Whistle Stop beer & liquor store in Islamorada. I also spent a day in Key West & was hoping to find some absinthe there. No luck other than Absente/pastis, even in Hemingway's old haunts. Good thing I brought my own bottles to enjoy the "green flash" the right way... :arrr:
I think, therefore I am. Or am I over-thinking? I am thinking it over...

#2 pierreverte

pierreverte

Liquoristorian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

One would think it obvious in Key West, but the same thing could be said of Paris.
Hopefully Pierre's in Islamorada will soon pick up Vieux Pontarlier and better green will flow south...
Absinthe is always greener in the other glass.™

#3 sardonix

sardonix

C30H40O6 aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

While visiting the area recently, I found that the long-established Whistle Stop in Islamorada is closed and up for auction, owner retired...

I must admit that I briefly considered a radical life change, while relaxing underneath a palm tree with a glass of Obsello.

B)
I think, therefore I am. Or am I over-thinking? I am thinking it over...

#4 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Well I guess I better bring my own to WDW then. Now I just need the spare $ for a cane. :)

#5 Harry

Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

While visiting the area recently, I found that the long-established Whistle Stop in Islamorada is closed and up for auction, owner retired...

I must admit that I briefly considered a radical life change, while relaxing underneath a palm tree with a glass of Obsello.

B)

.....beautiful place....... the hurricanes are so annoying though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association