1SubSailor

A Noobs Hello and first order.

Welcome!

I can't see a single miss in your first order. And I'm with you on the shipping. I've placed 4 orders over the last 7 months and wish that I'd have consolidated at least 2, if not 3 of them... Probably would've been able to afford another couple bottles...

No service life for me (my Dad was in the Air Force, for what it's worth). My brother teases me 'cause I was in the short span of years (mid/late 70's) where I never even had to register. A half-brother was in the Army and many cousins/uncles in various parts of the armed services. I have a lot of respect for folks who serve in whatever capacity. Even if it means shore leave binges and coming home with Filipino wives! No offense meant with that last, but my cousin's overseas marriage was undone as soon as she got her family moved here to the states...

My dad was in the Air Force when I was born, then go out, then joined the Army and made a career of it. So I moved just about every 18 months as I was growing up. It is definitely a different life and not for everyone.

Wanted to give you guys an update and THank you for the continuing "Welcomes"! I received six of the bottles on Monday morning, we are still awaiting the arrival of the remaining bottles and glasses. We are looking forward to our Friday night taste test, should be fun! I will keep you guys posted and let you know what we think about the ones we are able to try out.

I did have a question/thought; Do any of you ever put your glasses in the freezer to help chill the drink, or is that a no no?

The slow ice water drip will chill the drink.

Some like to add ice to thier drink - after it has louched. I do.

I don't really see any advantage to chilling the glass. Other opinons? I'm curious.

I've never tried it but it doesn't seem like a good idea. You probably don't want the oils normally brought out through louching clinging to the side of a frosted glass.

Saucier,

Yeah I know about the slow drip but we won't be getting our fountain until sometime in October :( so was just curious if chilling the glass would have any adverse effect on the drink. Could go the ice route but would like to avoid it if possible. THanks for your thoughts!

TGO,

That is exactly what I was worrying about. Thinking it might have an adverse effect on the oils and screw up my louche!!

Until you get the fountain you may want to try using a sports water bottle filled with spring water and a few ice cubes to provide a slow drip. The slow drip really does make a difference. Your absinthe will thank you for it.