1SubSailor

A Noobs Hello and first order.

Hey Everyone,

Noob here, I have been lurking at FV and here, finally signed up and I wanted to say hello to everyone. My Wife and I have been wanting to get our hands on some Absinthe for quite some time. We finally got off our butts and we just placed our first order for Absinthe! I hope it will arrive next week. I haven't had Absinthe for a long time so my Wife and I are very excited about the arrival of our package! We wanted to try several different types so we ordered a few, here is our order, what do you think?

Thanks!! :cheers:

1 Blanche de Fougerolles

1 Jade Absinthe Edouard

1 Jade Nouvelle Orleans 68

1 Versinthe La Blanche

1 Verte de Fougerolles

2 Absinthe Clandestine

1 Kübler 53

6 Absintheglas Pontarlier

1 Fountain #2 from French Guy but won't receive it until sometime in Oct. :(

Nice order.

A game company I liked (until they sold out to Satan) used to have an option at their online store, "Buy Everything" which would put 1 of every item they sold in your cart. I was thinking the other day that LDF should include that option, but then thought it would be a waste no one would use it.

Maybe I should suggest it to them. :)

Don't listen to Conju, the Fou is good.

Damn, dude. Nothing like jumping in with both feet. Looks like a good selection to start with. You'll have an excellent opportunity right off the bat to see the differences between a wide range of qualities.

Nice catch.

And welcome! :cheers:

Goodness gracious! And here I was diddling around wondering if I should try this one or that one.

Drink up!

I'm a newbie too, but for what it's worth, welcome!

Nice order.

A game company I liked (until they sold out to Satan) used to have an option at their online store, "Buy Everything" which would put 1 of every item they sold in your cart.  I was thinking the other day that LDF should include that option, but then thought it would be a waste no one would use it.

Maybe I should suggest it to them.  :)

Don't listen to Conju, the Fou is good.

I never said the fou was bad. Its a good booze. Its just I've found it difficult to down what I have left of it after having so many good absinthes.

I thought much more highly of the BdF until I tried it side by side with the Bugnon Clandestine. The Clandestine is so much smoother and more flavorful that it manages to make the BdF seem harsh.

Well we know where the party is this weekend....

Or are you just stocking up for the hurricane?

Man, let me tell ya, we are just about sick and tired of this hurricane crap here in Texas! Our cities are packed to the rim with people, gas prices go up, down, up, down........ traffic jams all over the place, cant even buy bread or water in the grocery stores etc. It just sucks man.

Anyway, Wow Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I had signed up over at another forum (I think it is Ye Ole Pub something) but was afraid to post there as it seems they don't talk about Absinthe much and about all they do is slam/flame each other. Glad I decided to post here as you guys are great! I do wish that we had a group such as this here in Texas, Austin seems like such a prime place for it. If I was there in Seattle I would absolutely be at the get togethers(if invited)! :)

The reason we decided to order that many bottles is because of shipping costs(actually we removed 5 bottles from our cart right before we ordered) and we wanted to be able to try a few different ones and see which ones we liked and which ones we didn't. So, I was thinking of starting off with the Versinthe La Blanche then going to the Verte de Fougerolles, see what we think of those babies first. Good idea or no?

PS-sorry I didn't post over in the Newbie welcome forum. :wacko:

Wow! I can't see myself having bought THATmany bottles of something I'd never tried before, at that kinda price per bottle...

But I have ALWAYS respected a 'damn the logic! I friggin' want it!' attitude! :D

Minus the Fudgeroll, good selection.

I do wish that we had a group such as this here in Texas,

Well, there is a small group of us here in Tx. We do have gatherings from time to time. :cheers:

Thank you, hey I think I recognize your name/avatar from that forum! Is that correct?

Wow!  I can't see myself having bought THATmany bottles of something I'd never tried before, at that kinda price per bottle...

But I have ALWAYS respected a 'damn the logic! I friggin' want it!' attitude! 

Minus the Fudgeroll, good selection.

Well, I actually have tried it before but it's been many, many years ago. I loved it back then, BUT, being a crazy drunken Submarine Sailor we used to do it by the shot most of the time(I know, bad news) and considering that I was usually all ready drunk I usually ended up lying in a puddle of my own vomit! :wacko: Sooo, I'm hopeing now that I'm a "little older" and "a little" more mature that I can take the time to enjoy the drink!

I do wish that we had a group such as this here in Texas,

Well, there is a small group of us here in Tx. We do have gatherings from time to time. :cheers:

Well shoot then, we must have a get-together in the near future! I see your in Austin also, hope to meet you soon. :cheers:

Thank you, hey I think I recognize your name/avatar from that forum!  Is that correct?

Yea, I'm one the five remaining masochists to post there.

I can also be found at Fee Verte with another of my overabundant collection of grey cat photos.

Welcome 1sub,

Sorry I'm late with the greeting but I have been having internet trouble. I would have done the same type of initial purchase if I could have afforded it. Good for you, and by the way if you don't like any of them... I am sure Montanans and Texans could be great buddies...

Welcome 1sub,

Sorry I'm late with the greeting but I have been having internet trouble.  I would have done the same type of initial purchase if I could have afforded it.  Good for you, and by the way if you don't like any of them... I am sure Montanans and Texans could be great buddies...

No need to apologize to me, thanks for the welcome! As for the up-n-coming "taste test", I'll keep ya posted................... :cheers:

As for the Navy people, Yep I was in the Navy, Submarine Force (Bubble Head to all you Skimmer Pukes!! :harhar: ). TM3 SS(DV). That is when I actually had my first introduction to Absinthe. One of the bars I used to frequent in Japan had it and I liked the stuff but, being a crazy drunken Submarine Sailor I usually did a couple shots of it after I was all ready three sheets to the wind! So what usually happened was I woke up later on in a puddle of my own vomit! :wacko: