emerald1

Jade PF1901 not being produced??

I was ready to order a bottle of Jade PF1901 and was told it is not being produced at the moment. There were 0.2 liter bottles available for 60 Euro which I was told was high.

I did not know that Jade PF1901 was so expensive as that would make it around 300 Euro/liter. Absinthe Epoque was recommended.

I guess I will shop around to see if anyone has stock avilable on the PF1901.

What would be the reason that 1901 is not being produced at the moment?

Edit:

I assume there are vintage years and/or the batch is not ready for bottling yet.

Edited by emerald1

Wow! I have a full-sized bottle of PF 1901; I either need to crack it open this second just to say I have consumed a 300 euro bottle of booze or sell it to anyone silly enough to buy it at that price. Any takers? :wacko:

Edited by mellow_goat

That would make sense given the Epoque suggestion.

I've also noticed LdF has completely taken the 1901, Edouard, and NO off their website. Could be something else but I agree it is probably because the next batch is not yet ready and may be a while. Absinthe.de has the Edouard and NO in .5 litre size if anyone is looking for those.

Blanchette has been out of stock for at least a month and a half at LdF.

We don't know exactly how he worded it, but if he did so in a manner that insinuated something like that, it would be pretty low-down... :nono:

EDIT: Er, now we know! I'm glad he was not misleading about it.

I have more fingers on one hand than absinthe I would compare to 1901. Epoque is not one of them. I'm sure it's fine but it's not in the same class.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd believe much that Alandia has to say about anything. They're not exactly the right folks to talk to for accurate info on Jade. LDF would be the more reliable source.

I hope that's it's just a temporary thing. Though we've been extremely fortunate to have more absinthes in the same league as the Jades lately, the 3 that I've tried have great flavor profiles that are unique to just them.

I quit taking Alandia seriously when they sent me complimentary green-sulfur-on-black-stained-wood-matches when I ordered a bottle of NuPernod BEFORE I had tried the PF1901 two weeks later.

Those were some interesting days, and I've come a long waysince then, but fuck, green on black matches? They might as well have said Frass Canyons, Bud, MTV, or any other number of tacky letter combinations that seem to become popular for some strange reason. Ramble. Ha.

That would make sense given the Epoque suggestion.

I've also noticed LdF has completely taken the 1901, Edouard, and NO off their website.

Blanchette has been out of stock for at least a month and a half at LdF.

But NO is stock in the US at duny perhaps they planned to release all US legal ?

It would be nice. The PF 1901 was pretty tasty. My bottle was emptied faster than most others.

Oh crap, I'm out of PF 1901 and Perique!

(Slow deep breaths and calming thoughts, repeat as needed)

I also noticed that LDF doesn't have the Jade's (except for Verte Suisse). I emailed LDF and Ian responded by saying they have no information on the availability. I thought that was weird. I emailed Jade directly as well but still no response yet.

I got three bottles of PF1901 aging in my cabinet I'll sell at the $300-a-piece pricepoint mentioned earlier. :devil:

I quit taking Alandia seriously when they sent me complimentary green-sulfur-on-black-stained-wood-matches ... I've come a long waysince then, but fuck, green on black matches?

It's hard to tell what's going to piss someone off. I remember when both Alandia and Markus Lion were throwing little packages of gummi bears in with your order, and people on the forums waged a holy war against that, too. Personally, I liked the matches. They looked good sitting in a pyrogene, and a few of my guests actually commented on how cool they were. I liked the gummi bears, too. Those freebies didn't seem to take away from either producer's ability to create and bring some pretty fine products to the absinthe market.

Some of those things were a bit cheesy but I accepted whatever they wanted to send. I like the post card things that Markus Lion sent also. The things I use the most are the boxes and packing material.

DUNY sends a copy of IMBIBE and it's got some good stuff in it. I never got the gummi bears or matches.

That kind of market strategy I much prefer over the hype. JMO *smile*

There's a lot of Bill going on around here.

That is a good and correct point Wild Bill.

I had forgotten about the gummi bears. I guess it was the innuendo that offended me more than anything else. I'd be a bit weirded out if I went to Whole Food and bought some organic, hormone free steak and they threw in a a free bottle of ketchup and a roll of toilet paper.

Organic toilet paper none-the-less. Sans msg.

However I did like my free copy of IMBIBE with my last purchase from DUNY as well, OMG_Bill.

I remember those gummi bears from my first and last order. Won't mention what I got anymore, but someday I would like to review it. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm not that masochistic. :puke:

He said that it was a very good Absinthe,"a competitor to 1901."

He's a shill with inherent interests in his own product.

Epoque is mediocre, and definitely not worth its sales price. Please read my review on the main site.

I'm totaly at the opposite ... I liked epoque Over PF 1901 since I taste pre-ban 1913 side by side with the first batch ... I don't see major resemblance at all.Edouard Is way better than PF 1901

I didn't say that the 1901 is my favorite Jade. Eddy is. But I don't see any possibility that someone would prefer the Epoque to the 1901.

Obviously tasting a pre-ban next to most COs will put said COs in a bad light.

I ever done this while in Pontarlier with pernod from the 1914 cache Pierre Verte did this blind tasting with a glass of pernod fils saying taste that crap ... I was shocked when I knew that was pernod It tasted like one of the HG I had sevral years ago was a bit different but in the same vein with the same louched color ( i don't want to restart the debate again)

But I admit that when I tasted epoque ... I had sevral glass before and was in a bar in paris so maybe I hadden't take the time to see if there was any defect in it

I'm totaly at the opposite ... I liked epoque Over PF 1901 since I taste pre-ban 1913 side by side with the first batch ... I don't see major resemblance at all.Edouard Is way better than PF 1901

Interesting. I wonder how much aging the 1913 sample you had went through (in environmental terms of course, not years). I haven't tasted Epoque, but have tasted some very green Pernod Fils 1914 alongside some Jade PF1901, and I thought the Jade captured the primary flavors well. Especially the rich honey & anise tones that are in the nose and among the first to hit the palate.

It didn't capture the subtle white pepper and amazingly integrated flavor nuances that just kept going and going. But I think it does a pretty decent job- comes as close as any modern CO to fresh '14*.

PF1901 doesn't simulate aging, so there's no vintage book/Rolls Royce leatherishnesses found in less green vintage samples, so that's my only guess as to why people say it doesn't taste anything like the real Pernod Fils.

*However, it's worth mentioning that there are certain notes and subtleties from the '14 not present in PF1901 that I DO get in Marteau BE (though it's not supposed to be a direct clone).

I have tasted some very green Pernod Fils 1914 alongside some Jade PF1901, and I thought the Jade captured the primary flavors well. Especially the rich honey & anise tones that are in the nose and among the first to hit the palate.

That would be my feeling, too.

That would also be a good description of why the PF1901 remains in my "Top Five" list.