Heavy Harpoon

Michael Savage on Absinthe.

Wow, just wow. Ignorance at it's finest. Sadly there is no room for comments, probably because either, a\ the uploader knew it was bullshit and didnt want to get flamed, or b\ he was getting flamed.

Its pretty old, but I couldn't find it anywhere here.

I wish I could talk to this guy, or leave a comment or something. Makes me angry they allow such gross misinformation to be broadcast.

Santé!

:cheers:

Edited by AFO

On April 17, 2006, he said of Muslims, "They say, 'Oh, there's a billion of them.' I said, 'So, kill 100 million of them, then there'll be 900 million of them.'

On March 28, 2006, Savage encouraged his listeners to burn Mexican flags to counter massive rallies held in California during which demonstrators marched in opposition to proposed legislation that would impose new immigration restrictions.

In July 2008, Savage claimed that the increasing rate of autism diagnoses was the result of "a racket" designed to get disability payments for "poorer families who have found a new way to be parasites on the government."

This guy sounds like a reasonable, sane person.

Old thread here.

When searching, remember to put a + in front of a term to require it. I found this with the search: +Michael +Savage

Excellent tip in general for those of us who are search-challenged. Thanks!

Basic Boolean algebraic operation, intuitive to those of us who used Dbase and the like before Algore invented the Internet. It used to work on Google before they dumbed it down. Now if you put in "+absinthe", it tells you it can't find +absinthe.

Basic Boolean algebraic operation, intuitive to those of us who used Dbase and the like before Algore invented the Internet. It used to work on Google before they dumbed it down. Now if you put in "+absinthe", it tells you it can't find +absinthe.

That's because using quotes means search EXACTLY for what in them, in that order and spelling, no exceptions.

What you want to do is to search +"absinthe". Regardless, quotes default to having a + in front of them anyway. "absinthe" would be the same as +"absinthe".

Edited by optional

I know it's hard to believe, but I understand how quotation marks function as search operators.

My point was that +absinthe used to yield the same results as "absinthe" does now, because the program used to default to the "+" being understood as a search operator, and not part of the text for which you were searching.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2011/10/g...-no-longer.html

Quotation marks were used to refine the search: +absinthe would return hits on absinthe regardless of capitalization, whereas +"Absinthe" would return only hits with the first letter capitalized.

Edited by Artemis

I know it's hard to believe, but I understand how quotation marks function as search operators.

My point was that +absinthe used to yield the same results as "absinthe" does now, because the program used to default to the "+" being understood as a search operator, and not part of the text for which you were searching.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2011/10/g...-no-longer.html

Quotation marks were used to refine the search: +absinthe would return hits on absinthe regardless of capitalization, whereas +"Absinthe" would return only hits with the first letter capitalized.

I misunderstood what you meant before. You're right.