Heavy Harpoon

Michael Savage on Absinthe.

Typically "fair and balanced" coverage, to be expected from he and his odious ilk. I particularly like the still with Al Franken, ostensibly carrying the implied message that Absinthe will make you become a Liberal! Then again, these guys are not exactly catering to rocket scientists...

You know, if it was the Great and Mighty Rush, he would have at least had to point out how well Absinthe goes with Oxycontin....

Damn straight absinthe is cooler than my father's martinis...not only did he never make or drink them, I always put a shit ton of ice in my fountains.

So HA.

And personally I don't like insects inside of me, so I will in jest, ingest pesticides. And unless most vertes start tastin' like Raid, I'm drinking absinthe.

(Where's the sunglasses/badass emoticon?)

There are several of these talking heads I would willingly send to another country on a long term basis: Eastern Sudan, Rwanda, Texas... But who would be dumb enough to take them?

:laf:

For some reason humming "The Entertainer" to myself when hearing these sorts doesn't quite alleviate the mental distress or dissonance. It's a good melody to be institutionalized to, though! :twitchsmile:

There are several of these talking heads I would willingly send to another country on a long term basis: Eastern Sudan, Rwanda, Texas... But who would be dumb enough to take them?

Damnit Joe!

The name is Nuwanda.

Absinthe will make you become a Liberal!

!!

Is THAT why I voted for Obama??

Seriously, these people should be rounded up. Just sayin'

The funniest thing about it is that the moron did so little research that he doesn't understand which side of the aisle he really is on, in this matter. I nominate him for the Idiot Health Scare award.

I didn't even know who he was aside from running across a diatribe now and again, but then I read the Wikipedia article on him. Sad. He's just a bitter old crackpot.

That video was pulled from YouTube. In fact, the same content had been posted by a couple of different people, and it has been removed in each case. That seems like a request from the owner of the copywrite...

I'd love to call him out on Wednesday, ala John Stewart and that douche, Jim Cramer.

That was one of the most brilliant moments in media history!

I've listened to Savage from time to time and as for the conservative that I am, he offends me.....

He offends anyone with any sense of reason and grasp of reality!

Exactly. Regardless of the man's political affiliation, that little speech was so rife with willful ignorance and logical fallacy, any group he claims to be speak for would be ashamed.

I'll bet he has paranoid delusions of the "cool kids" hanging out drinking absinthe, wearing pointy shoes while talking shit about him...or even worse, talking shit about him *gasp* in French.

What a maroon!

And to think he holds degrees in "medical botany and medical anthropology and he earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in nutritional ethnomedicine... [and] has written books on herbal medicine and homeopathy." He has no clue that absinthe was originally developed as an herbal medicine?

I hope, for consistency's sake, that he holds Chartreuse in the same disdain. That, too, is a green poison - and moreso, for it is said to be composed of 130 herbs, not just 6!

I've listened to Savage from time to time and as for the conservative that I am, he offends me.....

Same feeling. I do not want that "something" to be associated with me. Has he forgotten that some ardent conservatives/monarchists of the Belle Epoque were also absinthe drinkers?

Funny thing is, my father used to, and still does, drink pastis. And when I made him taste absinthe, he loved how complex it tasted. Solution: I should get him a bottle of François Guy for father's day. I'm a good son. :thumbup: