Brian Robinson

Everything is better with bacon

The manager had never cut and cooked (rare) that much Filet Mignon.

Nor had they probably rang one up like that before. For everyone's amusement, I'll type out here how the receipt listed the filet:

Dallas filet 8oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

Add 1oz

It was pretty funny.

Edit: And in keeping with this thread, there was bacon to be had in our cheddar fries.

The Bacon cupcakes are awesome... and even better with

bacon bits sprinkled on top of them. Kinda weird at first but

damn tasty...

We just bought about ten pounds for bacon experimentation.

It's all Shabba's fault..

Chocolate and bacon are supposed to be simply sublime partners. It's not surprising these cakes turned out fab.

I don't know what's worse, that or the McNuggetini they had listed. Wouldn't it have been easier to throw some alcohol into some gerber baby food? :thumbdown:

Those are tasty. I can't remember where we posted that previously. We need to migrate all bacon related goodness (and nastiness in regards to the Ham Daiquiri) to this thread.

Edit: A search for bacon explosion led to several different entries, in several different threads. That's just a tribute to the awesomeness of the bacon baby. :cheers:

yeah, I was afraid that it may have been this forum that I originally found it on. I did a brief look for more bacon threads, but didn't see it here. Anyhow... it's still bacon awesomeness.

And not to forget the ever popular Bacon Maple donut.

baconmaplebar.jpg

That looks like it's right out of Rocket Donuts, here in Bellingham! :dribble:

On the other hand, I wish Wild Bill's sandwich were, as well. :dribble: :dribble:

grilled cheese sandwich with bacon

We've been doing these for years. Had it for lunch Monday in fact. We get along just fine.

One of our comfort foods. Yummers!

In Brazil there is a cuisine called "comida mineira"...... it is a home-made-food-like-US-southern-style.....here "mineira" means from the State of Minas Gerais..... (and "comida" is the word for food).

one typical bacon thing we eat with "comida mineira" is "torresmo" which is a cut of the "toucinho" ..... toucinho is a very thick piece of bacon, hope this link for toucinho image works

we cut the toucinho and deep fry in oil for a few minutes. It becomes a thick crust with the meat and fat cooked under that crust. It is delicious.....particularly when you eat just as you take out of the fry pan.... However, my cholesterol is in concerning levels to eat more than two pieces in a meal (I used to eat lots of "torresmo").

- Marcelo