Sign in to follow this  
ETexas

Dam Texas Laws

I am sure you all have heard that Texas has outlawed liquor shipping to the state. The Only brand I find local is Lucid and with the glorious state tax is over 70.00 bucks a bottle. Can't believe it , refuse to pay that for Lucid so needless to say I am no longer able to enjoy the different brands available now. When you ask a liquor store to order special for you they look at you like you are nuts and claim it can't be done. I am going to figure out a way to get my favorite drink one way or another, this is a nightmare and all over tax what a bunch of do do. :angry:

I know it's not absinthe, but the Ksarak Arak (from Lebanon) is a very inexpensive (about $20-24) arak. Anise and grape spirit. Very well made I think. Others have often recommended things like the HB pastis when absinthe isn't available or you want something else. I'm sure there's other suggestions too.

Other than Spec's having better prices down here, there isn't much get excited about as far as selection.

You can get Kübler, the almost absinthe for 48 bucks a bottle down here.......though I passed on it.

I'm glad I have my own stock.

This has to do with domestic ordering online, and shipping inside the USA.

You can still order from LDF with no problem.