Brian Robinson

HUGE new absinthe article

Thank you! Thank you thank you! :) If you guys have any ideas, comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism, all the info is right on our website and please feel free to let us know!

And anything you guys can do to support us is GREATLY appreciated, even it it's something as little as telling a friend to check us out or pulling our mags out from the back row and placing them in front so people can actually see them, it all helps us immensely and especially as how new we are only having been around less than a year.

Thanks again Jonathan, and the rest of WS for being so hospitable to myself and Mutineer Magazine. This looks like the beginning of a wonderful friendship :)

:pirate:

Indeed™. I Finally flagged down a copy yesterday. This was very well put together and a general pleasure to read some real information in print. It appears we have some fairly eloquent writers at WS!

Thanks a lot, Odie! Very well done! :cheers:

I left a copy--the copy--at my friends house. In the bathroom, which is the highest complement any magazine can get, trust me!!!

Thank you!!! Are you a subscriber or did you find it elsewhere?

Issue 7 was just released and should be on the newsstands any day now and in the mail boxes of subscribers any day if they haven't already. Wormwood Society's very own Leopold Bro's are mentioned in it as well, about their Three Pins Alpine Liqueur they sent us.

Issue 7:

issue_7_00.png

Thanks again, Wild Bill Turkey and the rest of WS for the warm welcome and support of our publication. We hope you like it!

Was at work too late to hit a newsstand.

Edison, a great bar in LA that you are featuring, is such an amazing place, especially if you have a historian's bent for old tech., as many on the WS and FV do. Had a glorious Sazerac and my first La Clandestine (wow, what a Blanche).

It can sometimes be a pain to find the magazine (although most all Barnes and Nobles carry it) .. go here: http://www.mutineermagazine.com/locate/ and you can search for locations near you and possibly save yourself from wasting time driving around trying to find it.

Again, loved the Three Pins! Can't wait to try some of the other things you guys have up your sleeves. Oh, and yours truly wrote the piece on the Three Pins :)

EVERYBODY loves the side-boobage! And they're quick to comment it too. You're welcome, WS :devil:

Le * sigh *

Looks like MM hasn't crossed the pond yet. Bummer.

We don't have B&N and the UK chain of Borders is a separate (and rather desperately financially troubled) franchise.

For what it's worth, I approve of the cover photo as well. Well done!

Would love to see the article on the Edison. From what I've seen online, it looks AMAZING.

absinthehour, I have a treat for you. Email me at brian@mutineermagazine.com

But no, unfortunately we haven't made our way over there yet. And as such, you probably haven't seen the absinthe issue either! I'd send you a digital copy, but my computer was stolen and I don't have one on my new computer (24" iMac, you apple fiend you!). If you PM Brian Robinson (or ask nicely on here in general), he (or they) should help you one your way granted they still have it on their computers.

:)

Email sent :thumbup:

Ooohhh... I have 24" iMac envy. I hope to get one soon. (Macbook Pro with external monitor here.)

And if anyone has a pdf edition of the magazine available, I'd be ever so grateful! :worshippy:

absinthehour(at)googlemail(dot)com

Thank you all!

Thank you!!! Are you a subscriber or did you find it elsewhere?

I subscribed a little late, but I wrote in and asked if my subscription could start with the "Absinthe Spectacular" issue, and a very nice gentleman named Alan, with the same last name as yours (perhaps you've met?) hooked me up! Just got the "Side Boobage" issue, weekend reading to look forward to! I see John Gertsen, of Boston's "Drink" makes an appearance in the Edison article. What a consummate bartender and all-around nice guy. Have to read up to find out why he's in an article about an LA bar...

Finally got around to a full read (unlike my previous recipe-skim) of the "Minimalist Drinker" article by well-known blogifist Rick Stutz. Great piece! Some of his metaphors go pretty far out on a limb, but the information is very good, the recomendations are spot-on, and he really knows whereof he writes.

His choices for "minimal ingredient" cocktails reflect great taste, and he takes the simple classics and shows them to be deeper and more solidly-grounded than so many of the elaborate concoctions being celebrated in the modern cocktail craze. Hope to see more from Rick in future issues!

Awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I really enjoyed that piece as well, and the few of the drinks that I made of his were phenomenal! I'll relay that information and see if we can't get him again.

Thanks!

:pirate: