Brian Robinson

HUGE new absinthe article

:cheers:

This is the kind of stuff that always makes up for that asian dude in Seattle in the pink highwater pants who spit at us. Hahaha. Who spits? What war is this?! Anyways. Thanks to you all who are really cool.

Thanks everyone :)

Ron, I'll work on getting it available for you to order asap .. I'm most positive they have at least one copy back at the Mutineer Headquarters ;) I'll PM you about it when I figure it out for sure.

Judging by your gnarly sideburns, I didn't think you were still active :P

Hell. That pic was last year when I was still back in the world. I'm doing a rockstar chin beard on top of those burns now too. I'll become less of a mountain man when I get back to civilization. I cleaned up for vacation over the holidays. You can officially NOT look good in Paris on New Years Eve looking like Moses just walked out of the desert.

Edit: Looks like I've hijacked this thread after all. Sorry folks! I'll take this to PM's now!

haha this thread is all over the place anyways ... AWESOME Absinthe put together by you guys, Mutineer Magazine, Mutineer Magazine launch party, where to find it/when it will come out, our service members, etc :P

I don't want you guys to feel I'm spamming either, so if anyone begins to feel I'm crossing any lines, just let me know :) As I said in my introduction thread, I'm here to increase my knowledge regarding absinthe and I'm not here for the magazine directly.

Edited by odiedog52

I'm sure I speak for others here when I say that any publication that has had great absinthe articles in three of their first 6 issues can talk as much as they like about their mag. :cheers:

Maybe this glass of wine has hit me early due to not yet having dinner, but I can't find in this thread when it is due to hit the stands at the book stores.

Is it there yet? If not, when?

thanks!

Haha, the 3 bottles of Magic Hat IPA and bottle of Magic Hat Ale have hit me quite early as well :P

It will be on newsstands the beginning of June. If there is any trouble finding them in your area, let me know and I can give you specific locations. They are mostly at Barnes and Nobles, with some at random Borders, and then a few random other places as well.

I've said it a million times already, but your guys' support it amazing and it's people like you that keeps our magazine thriving :)

edit: looks like Brian already answered it :P

But who can turn down packaging/marketing like this???

IMG00681.jpg

:pirate: :cheers:

Edited by odiedog52

Thanks very much to you guys for serving. It means a lot. :cheers:

And for such a classy cover which doesn't hint at illicit crap.

Might be a better way to say that, but whutevah. :cheers:

Just a quick side note to Ron and Brian (odie)

Thanks very much to you guys for serving. It means a lot. :cheers:

Absolutely, on this day especially, thank you for the job you do. Hope everyone is appreciating the meaning behind the holiday, as well as enjoying themselves. Cheers to all!

Absinthe everywhere! be sure to show some love!

I'm a bit slow but now I'm a subscriber and looking forward to the magazine.

To your bright future, Cheers!

I got Mutineer in the mail today, and am enjoying the articles and the magazine in general. I like how the main emphasis is the celebratory side of things potable, but also dig the broad focus, with discussions on water quality and milk/dairy. I'm very happy to have purchased a subscription! Excellent work, y'all. :cheers:

I picked up a copy today at Barnes and Noble, so it's on the shelves now (up here anyways).

I was truly shocked to see my last name spelled correctly. That made my day. :)

Well, I'm pissed. I hear some bumpkin got some ink from some drunken asshole on the east coast - and, unfortunately, said asshole can't even pick it up at the stands because the local Nazi Germany of media distributors in his area don't carry the publication.

Man! Maybe I'll be able to find a copy down south next week to see what this moron had to say!

I've got a copy en route to me, and I'm pretty excited about it. They have quite a lot of content on their website as well, and definitely worth the read(s)!

Got home from work today to find that my first copy of Mutineer had arrived! So good to see absinthe get some accurate widespread exposure for a change. Nice job! :cheers:

I picked up a copy today at Barnes and Noble, so it's on the shelves now (up here anyways).

I was truly shocked to see my last name spelled correctly. That made my day. :)

Awesome, glad to hear! Be sure to let us know what you think!

Well, I'm pissed. I hear some bumpkin got some ink from some drunken asshole on the east coast - and, unfortunately, said asshole can't even pick it up at the stands because the local Nazi Germany of media distributors in his area don't carry the publication.

Man! Maybe I'll be able to find a copy down south next week to see what this moron had to say!

What exactly happened? I'm a bit confused as to what you are saying exactly happened! If there was an issue, lets fix it :)

I've got a copy en route to me, and I'm pretty excited about it. They have quite a lot of content on their website as well, and definitely worth the read(s)!

Thanks Ron :pirate:

Got home from work today to find that my first copy of Mutineer had arrived! So good to see absinthe get some accurate widespread exposure for a change. Nice job! :cheers:

Our pleasure!! If you guys know of anyone interested in what we're about and what we're doing, please be sure to send em our way! Any support we can get is really appreciated, especially during this phase of the publication!

:cheers: :pirate:

I actually had a dream about the article (which I've yet to see in person) a few nights ago. My dream version was VERY odd, so I can't wait to see the real deal!

odie, should I have gotten this by now as a subscriber?

it should hit most all mailboxes any day down, some people got it a few days ago, some may take a day or too longer.

if there is some crazy issue and it just doesn't show up, let me know and i'll make sure it gets corrected!

there's a short blog over on our website .. www.mutinermagazine.com .. right now about absinthe, so if anyone wants to shine some light on the subject or their opinion, feel free to do so!

IMG00765.jpg

It is most definitely IN stores! I saw it in a Barnes and Noble up in Virginia over the weekend, and here locally in NC. One thing to keep in mind is that most stores only have 3 copies and are usually hidden behind some other titles in the food/beverage/home section. If you check it out and even if you don't buy it, if you could just pull them out and give them a better plot of real estate, I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

A Barnes and Noble not too far from me has your magazine, but they didn't have the new issue yet. Oh well, I still gave it a nicer spot on the shelf. I'll check back next weekend and see if they've gotten the new issue in.

I'll be in the vicinity of a PX later this week, too bad they don't carry Mutineer. I'm thinking you should get with those AAFES folks and sort them out. We'll also be picking up mail, hopefully, so I'll let you know if the copy has made it's way here yet!

I'm pretty sure she'd find a way to incorporate lard into a cocktail...

What exactly happened? I'm a bit confused as to what you are saying exactly happened! If there was an issue, lets fix it :)

There's no problem at all! I'm just impatient and haven't been able to flag a copy down yet. I'm sure it'll be on the shelves when I get home this weekend, so it'll all be good.

:cheers:

I just bought a copy for me, and a copy for the one bar near me that serves absinthe. On fire. I figure they are more likely to take the glossy magazine seriously than little old me, so the note about not lighting Swiss/French absinthe will be circled in their copy. :devil:

Great job guys, it is a wonderful new tool in the fight! :cheers:

it should hit most all mailboxes any day down, some people got it a few days ago, some may take a day or too longer.

if there is some crazy issue and it just doesn't show up, let me know and i'll make sure it gets corrected!

I got it, thanks for the follow-up, great spread! This is exactly the type of cool but interesting and educational info that we need distributed out there so people are properly informed as to what is quality absinthe. Well done! :cheers: