Brian Robinson

HUGE new absinthe article

June 1 is the day it will hit newsstands, predominately Barnes and Nobles and some Borders, and then some Hastings, Books-a-Million, etc. Once it comes out, you can PM me if you want to know where in your area you can find one, and if for some reason you can (some areas are weird), the single issue can be purchased from our website.

If anyone is planning to attend our National Launch Party at The Falcon in Hollywood, May 18, there will be advanced copies available there :P Obsello will be pouring, as well as an abundance of breweries, distilleries, wineries, non-alcoholic producers, etc. Should be a great time :) More info is on the site, www.mutineermagazine.com

Looking forward to trying a quality absinthe!

Just wanted to let everyone know the magazine launch party was a HUGE success. Probably 300 people there .. all the beer, wine, liquor, absinthe, non-alcoholic drinks, etc., you could drink.

Grammy-winning rapper Three Six Mafia showed up out of nowhere, Zane Lamprey came and partied with us, and everything went smoothly.

Obsello was there, although they only sent in their product and we had volunteers from a wine group pouring .. had I known this was the case earlier, I probably would have tried to get a few volunteers from the LA area to come up and help pour, inform, and hang out. I definitely liked the Obsello though. I tried it from a friends glass as i was so busy running around, so i can't comment exactly how it was prepared as far how much water to absinthe and what not, but it was good. I was also looking forward to trying Port of Barcelona gin, but they weren't able to get it out in time and it didn't make it.

It was a VERY professionally thrown event and you would never have been able to tell it was our first. Here are a few random pics ..

_MG_0962.jpg

The 4 owners of Mutineer Magazine .. me on the far left, Alan Kropf next to me, then Jeff Dorenbush and JJ Bagely.

_MG_0964.jpg

same group, this time with Zane Lamprey, host of the TV show "Three Sheets" and host of our party, also on the cover of our issue 5 magazine.

_MG_0930.jpg

Three Six Mafia! ha

l_20b7a904426c47128fa3812e090a8b7c.jpg

The outdoor area .. it's a full house! The circumference of this patio is lined with vendors from gourmet cheeses to $325 bottles of scotch older than I am, to delicious Jones Soda, to amazing craft beer.

l_7e3ab1a156d74b2f89159865da3a5a2c.jpg

inside at more vendors...

_MG_1340.jpg

Me (highly drunk at this time..) with a beautiful woman, an absinthe fountain, and some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

_MG_1129.jpg

Chivas Regal, a last minute edition, with Zane's superhot (Victoria's Secret model..) date .. hooked it up big time and brought a bottle of their 25 year old scotch ($325/bottle) along with several bottles of their 18 year old. The 25 year old went quickly.

Issue 6 ... with the absinthe article ... is awesome. There were a million of em floating around at the event, and i forgot to grab some, but it will be available to you guys soon.

Brian Robinson, if you haven't seen the new issue yet, email me at brian@winemutineer.com

Thanks for all your guys' support with the magazine! I assure you guys we ARE the real deal and we are so close to where we need to be!! Again, thanks for the support and subscriptions are most definitely appreciated!

CHEERS!!! :pirate: :cheers:

Edited by odiedog52

Looks like it was a big hit! Congrats! And we appreciate the opportunity to contribute to the publication, and, uh, being appreciated. :biggrin:

Yeah, your launch party looks okay I guess. :devil:

Congratulations on everything from making the magazine happen to getting that hot girl to curl her tongue for the camera. Too bad she wasn't holding a glass of Obsello (would have made a drool-worthy addition to next year's calendar).

The sugar cubes strewn on the table look almost illicit. Damn fine show. I'll be looking for your magazine at the local Barnes and igNoble, but Maine often gets shafted with magazine distribution. I'll rattle a few cages and see what happens.

Yeah, your launch party looks okay I guess. :devil:

Congratulations on everything from making the magazine happen to getting that hot girl to curl her tongue for the camera. Too bad she wasn't holding a glass of Obsello (would have made a drool-worthy addition to next year's calendar).

The sugar cubes strewn on the table look almost illicit. Damn fine show. I'll be looking for your magazine at the local Barnes and igNoble, but Maine often gets shafted with magazine distribution. I'll rattle a few cages and see what happens.

haha thanks! I just checked where our mag was placed in Maine for this last issue, and it was only at one Maine location and that was a B&N in Augusta. Kind of lame.

It was definitely an event to remember and I wish some of you SoCal guys could have come and hung out! I sent a PDF file of the mag to Brian Robinson, so he might be able to give his insight to you guys on the mag, but I've asked him not to forward it to anyone else as an electronic copy of the magazine floating around on the internet doesn't exactly help magazine sales :P If he wants though, he may post up the cover as I know some people are wanting to see it.

Oh, if you want more pics of that really hot chick ... http://www.amberarbucci.com/site/ :cheers:

Edited by odiedog52

Just took a look over the article. I think it turned out great!!!! I can't wait to hear what you all think of it.

All in all, I think Alan did a good job of splicing together literally close to a dozen different passages we sent and turning it into a cohesive article.

hahah you guys are terrible :P

If you guys bug Brian enough, he might take the time to get a picture of the cover up. I'd do it, but I don't know how!

I love the cover, especially the impressionist sea of verte. Do they sell individual issues? Ship to APO? Sounds like I need to check the site.

Brian, when they open a B&N in Baghdad, I'll be all over it!

It looks like they do offer individual mags for purchase, so I may be in luck. I just need to email and find out if they ship to APO. Also, the new issue isn't available on the site yet. But the Jones Soda issue looks great too. Hmm. To subscribe or not subcribe...

I love the cover, especially the impressionist sea of verte. Do they sell individual issues? Ship to APO? Sounds like I need to check the site.

We do sell individual issues, although the newest issue isn't on the site just yet. The issues we had at the launch party were overnighted just for that, and we're waiting on the rest.

Brian, when they open a B&N in Baghdad, I'll be all over it!

It looks like they do offer individual mags for purchase, so I may be in luck. I just need to email and find out if they ship to APO. Also, the new issue isn't available on the site yet. But the Jones Soda issue looks great too. Hmm. To subscribe or not subcribe...

Who are you with in the military? I'm in the Army, 82nd Airborne, and was in Iraq from DEC 06 to FEB 08. APO shouldn't be a problem being that USPS ships through APO and we use USPS. I'd just say subscribe, as Brian said, you can't really beat the price :)

I would. I've got copies of all 5 of the previous issues and it's been a great read. You really can't beat the subscription price either.

Agreed. Thanks again for the support everybody. I'm glad we were able to collaborate with you guys for such an awesome article, in such an awesome magazine :cheers:

I thought you looked military. :wave2:

Would it still be helpful though for people to buy the issue at their local box store? Making sales is great, but showing the bookstores that your magazine sells is important too.

Augusta (Maine) is only a half hour drive for me, so I'll do that. Thanks for checking!

:)

Ya definitely, the numbers off the newsstands are very important and we've been lucky and have been doing alright thankfully. Thank you all, and I hope you guys enjoy the article that YOU GUYS!!!! wrote!

Odie, I think I'll do the subscription when I'm at home. For now, I'll probably order the individual issues since I can specify this address for each order. Hurry up and make that issue available for online ordering!

I'll PM you deets, but my first tour was '04-'05, my second was '05-'07 and my third trip (contractor now) is '08-TBD.